Guess what I found: a Solitaire! How to mod ?

sniper

Enlightened
Straightening up my workbench, I found a Maglight Solitaire I didn't recall having. Tried search with no luck. What is the best, low-buck mod? Can a 5mm LED be made to fit, and what sort of run time is usual with the modded Solitire? What is the best way to remove the lens and reflector from the bezel? Thanks

Tritium

Enlightened
I am currently waiting on some AAA rechargable Lithium Ions from AW. I am planning to use one of these to DD an ISP 100ma white 5mm LED. Just have to increase the reflector hole to 5.5mm and it should be a drop in replacement. I don't know if I will need a resistor yet but I suspect I will. I read the other day on CPF (don't remember the thread) that you can remove the lens and reflector by using a small socket and a plastic hammer to drive it out.

Check out this link Easy Solitaire Mod

Thurmond

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had to pick out the reflector. mine had some blue plastic tabs that held the reflector in place. I just bent them in with an exacto knife and it fell right out.

Jeff

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am using the AW li ion for a while now, like it a lot i just need to have a lesson on resistoring the soli (placement of the resistor) since i am not real knowlegeable
about FL electronic's. anyone know PM me or post it here.

my brightest light is a AAA li ion/nichia CS i use in short burst's,, way brighter then my peak and ARC's. Thing is I know that will change once it's resistored for non-lethal to LED current. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif VDG