Industrial espionage at C.Crane?

sotyakr

Enlightened
Here's a fascinating story about the C. Crane Co., the CCRadio, those who designed and manufacture it and some goings on that went down recently.

The link for this story is from RadioIntel.com , an excellent site for anyone with an interest in radio.

goldenlight

Enlightened
WOW! I know this type of thing happens all of the time, but rarely to we get to see such 'behind the scenes' details!

I don't thing the question mark after 'Industrial espionage at C.Crane?' really belongs there. It sure seems cut and dried to me.

I hope Justice gets the 'Justice' he deserves; to wit: repayment of lost revenues from the two products he effectively torpedoed! And loss of earning due to theft of the customer database! I say: "Throw the book at him"! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

TomH

Newly Enlightened
Looks like Crane and Justice have effectively parted ways. The Justice AM antenna is now called the Twin-Coil Ferrite antenna, and it looks like Justice's name has been removed from other products as well.

Getting CCrane's catalogs for quite a while now, this surprised the hell out of me. It seemed that Justice was Crane's "right-hand man" if you go back and look at the catalogs before this took place.

Thanks for this intersting story sotyakr.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow sotyakr, thanks for the link. That's really sad.

On the upside, it's great to know that the Mini CC Radio is still on track for production. I've had a bad case of the wants for that one for months already.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting read, thanks for the link. I knew they had parted ways, I didn't know the reasons behind it. I own a CCradio plus. It's a nice solid radio but a bit overhyped and I think priced too high. But nice at what it does and is my bedside clock radio.