Nichia-Jupiters...sweet

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my first Nichia-Jupiters this weekend. An Aurora/123 and a AA model. I don't know what sort of optics they're using but this is the nicest (near) spot I've ever seen! I took them out to the X-Files (lots of woods with no street lights), I thought the throw was great! The Aurora is going to be in my pocket for a while, as I've given my Q3 to my nephew.
chiphead /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
My son loves the 2C model I gave him, and just ordered a 1x123 model for my wife. Great customer service from John at j2ledflashlights.com.

Chiphead, or anyone, know how the 123 model
does on a rechargeable R123 cell? John very kindly contacted the manufacturer to ask, but they gave the usual vague, cautionary line---overcharged cell could damage LED, etc.

Thanks

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
AFAustin said:
My son loves the 2C model I gave him, and just ordered a 1x123 model for my wife. Great customer service from John at j2ledflashlights.com.....

[/ QUOTE ]

AFAustin:
Do you remember where you got the 2C model Aurora? I do not see that model listed at j2ledflashlights .com. I do see a "Comming Soon" AL-91AA - 0.5MM NICHIA (NSPW500CS) Pocket LED Flashlight - 1xAA (Midnite Black) Does anyone know anything about the Al-91AA?

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Stainless said:
[ QUOTE ]
AFAustin said:
My son loves the 2C model I gave him, and just ordered a 1x123 model for my wife. Great customer service from John at j2ledflashlights.com.....

[/ QUOTE ]

AFAustin:
Do you remember where you got the 2C model Aurora? I do not see that model listed at j2ledflashlights .com. I do see a "Comming Soon" AL-91AA - 0.5MM NICHIA (NSPW500CS) Pocket LED Flashlight - 1xAA (Midnite Black) Does anyone know anything about the Al-91AA?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the 2C version on ebay a couple of mos. ago from a seller named vivian690ng. I think he's still active on the bay, but don't know what he's selling at present.

Andrew

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
AFAustin:

Thanks for the info. I think that "2c" is the next logical format to be developed - but apparently I may have to wait for a while.

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a big fan of my Aurora 2C. I use AA NiMH in C-shells since i prefer the width of this form factor but appreciate the light weight of AAs. Plus i have the option of going with alk if i need long run-time for power-outage or camping, and maybe eventually i'll be able to justify the expense of C batteries and charger.

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will have those 2C Aurora lights on stock next week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I can sell a few of them on this forum for 40 USD + shipping.