Teflon tape on threads (Scorpion)?

pcmike

Enlightened
How viable is Teflon tape on a Scorpion (or any light) on the threds instead of "lubing" (I still have no clue what you're suppose to use to "LUBE" a flashlight) the threads? I've also thought about using teflon tape to "stiffen up" the focus (even though it doesn't really need it right now). If anyone is using teflon tape on a flashlight, how hard is it to remove (e.g. does it rip up easily and make a mess to remove)? Thanks for the advice guys...

Also, if anyone knows is the spring in a Scorpion meant to be easy to remove? I inadvertedly thought the replacement bulb was somewhere beneath the spring (before I read the manual) and gave it a few tugs. It never came loose, but I'm just curious if its even meant to be able to be removed or did I possibly damage something with my tugging? Light still works fine..

Anglepoise

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use Teflon tape on threads that have to move. IE: Twisty switch.The Tape is there purely as a lubricant to make the physical act of turning easier. I use one layer and it seems to last very well.Please remember I am talking about a movement of 1/4 turn to switch on/off.
Will not work in all cases. I suspect that thread pitch and initial tread clearance play a part in this.
However in some applications, it can make one handed switching allot smoother.
I do not own a Scorpion and am sure that you will get input from others.
If your threads have to transmit current to make the light work , then a lubricant call Nyogel 759G will work better at allowing this all important voltage to move through the threads.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Be careful in using tape on the threads...you could be interupting an electric flow path...ie. insulating the tail cap (clickly switch) from the rest of the body.