How to modify standard E2e Head to Luxeon III ?

Panzergrennie

Newly Enlightened
I need a drop-in Sandwich for the E2e standard Head (which can be driven by two recharchable 123 Batteries 8,4-7,2 Volt) can someone tell me which parts i need therefore.

I also need a solution for my SF 6P and my E2e to build in an on/off switch.
I thought the Kroll would be fine therefor, because he`s cheap and i don`t need the Hi/Low opportunity.
Would this be possible without some special tools, cause i don`t have them (I only have a Dremel)?

Would be very nice if somebody can give me some advice.

AuroraLite

Enlightened
Re: How to modify standard E2e Head to Luxeon III

Hi, Panzergrennie.

Though this is probably not the best place to get advice(since it is a BST board), but here are my 2 cents worth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

For modding a SF E-series for using luxeon led, one could buy the E-sink from Sandwich Shoppe and use it with the boards sold there.

I would also suggest to check out the Wiz2 for a lux III mod since it is a buck/boost and is possible work with 1 (rechargable Li-ion/primary depending on the current set) cell as well.

Good luck in your search! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Panzergrennie

Newly Enlightened

Hi AroraLite,

thanks for your tips.
I`ll check what sandwich shop has in stock.

Who or what is meant by Wiz2, where can i find him/it?

AuroraLite

Enlightened

Hi, again.

Oh, that is a shorthand for Wizard2, which is a convertor board(the circuit) for the lux III. You could also find that board from Shoppe as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Panzergrennie

Newly Enlightened

Ah, ok i found out that wiz2 is a converter board.

The only board i found at sandwich shop that will work with two 3,6 V 123 Akkus seems to be the Downboy board because all other boards have a maximum input of 6 V.

Is that correct?

There are severa boards there (400, 500 and 750 mAh), what is the difference?

What other parts from sandwich shop would i need for this project?

I really would appreciate your help since i`m a total noob in this business.

I`m also very interested in some support regarding the kroll switch issue.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast

Pretty much any Lux III is compatible with a downboy board - the thing with that DB is that it ramps down voltages so that they don't blow out the LED. You just have to know the Vf of the bin of LuxIII you're using so you can set the current to an appropriate level.

Otherwise, if you don't want to do all the tinkering required to get a LuxIII head onto an E2e body, get a KL1 head. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Haesslich said:
Otherwise, if you don't want to do all the tinkering required to get a LuxIII head onto an E2e body, get a KL1 head. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Or a KL4. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Mike

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Xrunner said:
[ QUOTE ]
Haesslich said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Or a KL4. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Except the KL4 head's a 5W, and he wanted a 3W. I don't know if he wants more spill or flood, but the KL3's got better throw with the 4th gen optics and the LuxIII.

Niteowl

Enlightened

Take a look HERE before you do anything. It's not cheap, but seems to be the best mod you'll find.

Panzergrennie

Newly Enlightened

Hi,
thanks for your answers.
I already have an E2e with KL1 Head.
This E2e is a black one and so the KL1 Head doesn`t look that nice on it.
I also don`t want to adapt an KL3 Head on it, which was my first thought because i already have a 6P with it, due to its size zhis solution doesn`t fit my needs either.

So the best way would be to build a LED Sandwich that fits into the original Head.

At the sandwich shoppe one can buy something thats called ESink and ECan. I think these Components are supposed to do a mod like i`m planning to do, isn`t it?

The Problem is that i don`t know which of the convertor Boards fit into the ESink/ECan because it need to have an input Volt over 6 Volt and there are few boards, the downboy and one Wizard board, that supports those feature. And at the description of these boards the ESink/ECan solution isn`t listed.

Has anybody tried these Components?

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with the KL1 recommendation. It's easy to swap out, reasonably priced, won't change the size profile much and it's got a warrantee. Also IIRC it will run with voltages up to 9VDC.

On the switch question, do you mean you want to switch to a clickie style switch? If so the quickest, though not cheapest, would be a Surefire Z-57 for your E2e. For the 6P I'm not really certain though I've seen rough Kroll conversions for the G2 using aluminum foil to fill the excess space in the tail cap.

-LT