I've got a question for anyone who owns an InovaX0

TunnelVision

Newly Enlightened
I\'ve got a question for anyone who owns an InovaX0

Hello guys! I've just regged here today after browsing for several weeks.

Well, after putting off buying a new flashlight for about a year for my job (had a 2AA maglite), I ordered an Inova XO, recieved it and just now noticed a line that looks like a crack in the dome under the protective glass. This is only noticeable when the light is on. There is a horizontal line across, and several other less apparent lines, but those could be reflections.

So I'm getting all paranoid and wondering if I have to return it, or if that is a normal attribute to the LED bulb.

Thanks for your responses in advance!

HaulinLow

Newly Enlightened
Re: I\'ve got a question for anyone who owns an InovaX0

I've read that the line in the optic is a result of the manufacturing process and does not effect the function of the light. I believe that they said it was formed in a mold.

I've owned two X03's that dont' have the line, though. I had a T1 that did have it, but you couldn't tell unless you were looking for it. The light worked great. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

If you can see lines in the beam when you are using it and not just the unavoidable "saturn" rings around the hotspot you may have a reason to return it, but your optic isn't cracked. Unless it is. . .what do I know?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

You probably don't have anything to worry about, though. Hope I helped a little.

WELCOME to CPF!!!!