markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow you really can buy the rifle and the rounds

You can get the semi auto with a 10 round clip

Why do I want one

I have a video of what it does to humans

http://www.vpc.org/studies/duckone.htm

http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976282769.htm

Fifty caliber sniper rifles are in essence ammunition-delivery systems. Armor-piercing, incendiary, and explosive ammunition is readily available on the U.S. domestic civilian market. The first illustration below shows construction of one type of 50 caliber round. The second figure below illustrates how another, the RAUFOSS round, first penetrates armor, then explodes inside its target. The VPC has documented apparent domestic civilian sales of RAUFOSS over the Internet.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Funny how the owners in the USA of these guns are not using them for terrorist activity isnt it? Funny how responsible gun owners never get a quip in the media but as soon as some thug uses a $2 special to knock off another thug the gun grabbers start screaming gun control.

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
oh I have no problem with a responsible person having this

I am going to try to get 3 of my friends to go in on a rifle and some rounds and just get a few of the armor piercing, incenderary, high explosive rounds

then sell the rifle.

I wonder if I could rent one of the rifles.

I wonder how stable the explosive is in the round

would it be safe to have one or more stored away in the garage
In a heavy metal box designed to direct the energy/Burning metal chunks in a safe direction ?

maybe it is stable enough that I could encase a live round in clear plastic and use it as a paper weight - ha ha

It could be that stable.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
In the Peoples's Republik of CA, posession of even a tracer (except shotgun) cartridge is a felony!

Larry

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Same thing in Moscow on the Hudson (i.e. NYC). Just about any firearm or ammo is illegal here. They don't even allow tasers, nor can you carry even a small knife on your person. Basically you're supposed to call the police if you encounter a criminal and let them deal with it. We all know how well that usually works (not a knock on the police but they can't be everywhere at the same time).

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
the mk 21 exsplosive round is not a tracer round
so depending on how specific this law againsd tracer rounds is you might get away with it.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
The CA law is over 30 years old and felonizes the posession of tracer, incindiary, and spotter ammo or anything containing pyrotechnic in the projectile. Shotshell tracers for skeet/trap shooting were re-legalized ~10? years ago. If the MK211 round contains over 60 grains of HE composition, (which I doubt) it would require a federal license to posess one. As it is intended to produce fragmentation, it may still fall under the federal destructive device statuates? I believe the CA law was originally passed in response to fires stated with mil surplus tracer ammo.

Larry

Topper

Flashaholic*
I Thank GOD I am a goofy Redneck in Arkansas.I do not have,need,nor want a .50BMG but if I did---I could
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

leadfoot

Newly Enlightened
Markdi, why sell the gun????

Come on over to Eastern Or and I'll find a car from the junk yard to blow up. We've had 50's on our range before. The Barrett Semi is a blast to shoot.

Leadfoot

Reaper

Enlightened
After seeing the damage caused by just the common BMG round, I don't see the need to upgrade to any other type bullet head. I got rid of mine (custom single shot falling block) just when California wanted registration of those plus their defination of "assault weapons". I still have my loading equipment just in case I move.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
markdi, if your video was from the "I love jet noise" site, It was discredited and actually came from a Varmit hunter's site. I have a .50 single shot, less the receiver. (Which I sent out of state when the CA crap went into effect.) Using GI AP, I once busted a small block Chevy head in two. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Larry

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
While I won't be buying a .50 rifle, I see nothing wrong with having them available. There are other makers in other countries that sell them, so it's kind of silly to think that they would disappear from criminal/psycho hands just because of a law.

There's no real need for a 500 hp sports car, nor for 20,000,000 cp flashlights, but theres no reeason to take them off the market.

For those that will respond that the .50 has too much killing power, I would suggest that it does not matter much whether you are killed with a .22, a bow and arrow or a table knife. You are still dead. The .50 is just harder to hide from.

But back on target.... Big guns that make big booms are just plain cool!

Daniel