Charging PolyStinger

wheel

Newly Enlightened
Hello: Dumb question I guess, but does anyone know if the polystinger rechargeable battery should be run down before recharging. I guess I am asking if the battery has a memory problem if charged routinely after short use. Thanks.
confused.gif

Numbers

Enlightened
I would like to piggy back on this same question. I ask in regard to my new ultra stinger. Personally I am letting the battery run down to the first sign of lost brightness and then charging it for the full 10 hours but not letting it sit on the charger after that. From what I have researched this is the way to best care for the battery. Is this what should be done? How are others out there caring for their rechargeable batteries.

recercare

Enlightened
Well, I was adviced to recharge when the battery was almost dead the first three times. After that you can recharge when it has about 25% left, which is impossible to measure
rolleyes.gif

New NiCds don't suffer that much from memory effect. You should still let the flashlight completely discharge and recharge at least once a month. If you use your flashlight seldom, then put the battery in a box and store it in cool place (fridge). However, don't put an icecold battery in your flashlight, let it rest a bit in normal room temperature first.