Legend LX- decent replacement bulbs?? Where??

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

I'm looking for a source for the replacement bulbs for this little guy- I checked the ones on my Scorpion, no go...
Preferably a Radio Shack or something that has retail outlets available; hoping that I won't have to send away (WallyMart didn't have the bulbs)...
BTW, I've just started posting here- very nice place....I have started to ask myself.."am I a flashlightaholic??"... I'm sure this isn't a complete list, and probably doesn't come near to some of the toys you guys have, but here goes...
Various maglites (including the brass pummel 'extender' on a AA); Streamlight Scorpion; Photons; Nightbuster 10x; Inova 5; Brinkmann Legend LX.....Somebody STOP ME!!!
grin.gif

Thanks for any help on the bulbs!!

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you have a Surge? I don't have LX (no Walmart in Hong Kong) to try. Looking into its picture, its lamp looks pretty close in size to that of Surge. Anyone with both lights might want to try it out.

Alan

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Yeah kelt I just started posting here too... Im not sure what gives one flashaholic status - unless it is automatically bestowed after one makes enough posts. I think Im a bit of a flashaholic at the moment. I never cared about flashlights but in the last month Ive gotten a bunch of different lights: Streamlight Stinger/Stylus/2AA Pro Polymer, Surefire 6P, several photon IIs, a Trek-2, and an ARC LE - I think thats it. Also I find myself playing with the voltmeter I dragged out of the basement - measuring voltages on batteries, checking the current running through my flashlights..

My girlfriend is beginning to think Im a bit weird. I think I realized I had a problem when we were in the entryway to her apartment and I was fumbling to get the ARC out of my pocket and she simply flicked on the entry light. How dare she do that when I had a perfectly good flashlight in my pocket!
smile.gif

mikep

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alan:
<SNIP> Looking into its picture, its lamp looks pretty close in size to that of Surge. Anyone with both lights might want to try it out.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, I gave it a try. The leads on the surge bulb are too short to fit securely in the LX.

Has anyone called Brinkmann to order a replacement yet? Maybe the LX bulbs just never burn out
wink.gif

Lonewolf

Enlightened
When you post more than 10 posts you become.....drum roll.....a "Flashaholic".
shocked.gif

Adam S.

Newly Enlightened
I called the 800 number on the back of the package today and asked about replacement bulbs and the guy said they are $7.95 each with shipping included, you can order them over the phone with a credit card. While this somewhat cheaper than a Surefire bulb, it is almost half the original cost! I am thinking about getting a P61 lamp to put in one of mine, I think that would be cool.
grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Adam S.:
I called the 800 number on the back of the package today and asked about replacement bulbs and the guy said they are $7.95 each with shipping included, you can order them over the phone with a credit card.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any idea of how to order them without a credit card? I haven't even started my testing on the LX because I'm sure to blow a bulb in mid-test and then be stuck for who knows how long after that.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EmmetFitzhume:

My girlfriend is beginning to think Im a bit weird.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The best way to change her mind is to make her weird as well. I did a very good job and now she has a Scorpion, Stinger XT, M3, Surge, Tec40, Rage, 2L and L1. The worst part is, she didn't spend a penny:-(

Alan

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I agree. I often give flashlights (and pocketknives) to my wife, daughter and other female relatives and friends.

My wife loves here Photon II and her 2 AA Mini-Mag. My daughter also has a 2 AA Mini-Mag.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alan:
The best way to change her mind is to make her weird as well. I did a very good job and now she has a Scorpion, Stinger XT, M3, Surge, Tec40, Rage, 2L and L1. The worst part is, she didn't spend a penny:-(

Alan
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Quickbeam:
Kogatana figured out that a Surefire P60 lamp module fits in this light with minimal modification to the light.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000871

You'll lose the ability to focus, but you'll get a really clean beam. I found the lamp module for $17 and no shipping charge. The address is in the other thread.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where's that thread at again, I tried the link above but it doesn't work.

I was thinking that if you could put a P60 lamp module in an LX then you could also put the new Luxeon LED lamp (for Sure Fire x2 series) into the LX also.

Velcro

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kelt:
Various maglites (including the brass pummel 'extender' on a AA)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brass pummel extender? What's that?

Greetings,
Velcro