Sure Fire E seires questions...

Sproles

Newly Enlightened
OK...I currently have a gun metal grey E1 and a littel birdie told me that Santa is bring me a HA E2.
What accessories do I need for these babies. what lamp assemblies (1) come in them and (2) are available for htem to be replaced with?
What bulbs are available?
What batteries are best?
What beam options can you do on them (add-ons to do different thigs with beam?

Please advise and thank you fo ryour help!

DPS

Size15's

Flashaholic
SureFire E Series:

MN01 - E1 Lamp Module
MN03 - E2 Lamp Module

SureFire SF123A Lithium 3V batteries are the best in my, and others experience. They are good value when you buy atleat a dozen.

If your E2 doesn't have a Lanyard Attach Point on the PocketClip, you might be able to fit one as a replacement [depending on whether you can obtain one from SureFire, and more importantly, remove the exsisting PocketClip using one of Alan's Keys].
If your do have such an attach point, you can buy a SureFire Lanyard or get an SC1 and take the Lanyard off it (I'd suggest it)

Next year, you'll be able to buy a LockOut TailCap for your E Series Lights, as well as buy a new Bezel if you wish (with Pyrex Lens)
These will increase the water-resistance.

There is likely to be a long-runtime / low output lamp for the E2 (MN02) released next year. We are hoping for a compact TurboHead and high output lamp too.

There are some BeamFilters available for the E Series F0x in Red/Blue and BeamShaper for a flood beam for close-range illumination.

I believe SureFire will release a range of holsters and pouches next year too.

Does this help?

Al

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Size15s:
SureFire E Series:

Next year, you'll be able to buy a LockOut TailCap for your E Series Lights, as well as buy a new Bezel if you wish (with Pyrex Lens)
These will increase the water-resistance.

There is likely to be a long-runtime / low output lamp for the E2 (MN02) released next year. We are hoping for a compact TurboHead and high output lamp too.
Al
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will we be able to retrofit our current E2's with either/both the pyrex lens and lockout tailcap without having to buy a new light? (If so, maybe cheaper just to buy a new light). Also is the low output lamp pretty certain or still pretty much speculation like the high output lamp?

Size15's

Flashaholic
I'm pretty certain that the MN02 is a 23Lu output... I'm not sure where I read that.

Of course, I'd personally prefer the MN02 to be a high output E1 lamp and the MN04 to be a high output E2 lamps...

Regarding whether it'll be cheaper to buy a whole new light - I think it may work out easier and give you a betterlight. You won't have any PocketClip if you put the new Bezel on the old body, and the water-resistance will not be as good as a whole new unit. Colour matching of parts may not be possible either?

Al