Longest production flashlight ever made?

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
Weird…

I just posted last week in the LED forum what anyone though about my idea to put a 3 cell drop-in LED mod in a 6D M@g, and put three lightweight D battery dummies in it so I could concentrate the weight of the real batteries at the tailcap end.

Looks as though Kel-Lite thought of it years and years ago...

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
This should go under Auction Notices, it's Tech's light.

By the way, until Kingcandids listed Elvis's flashlight, I don't think the connection was widely known. Everyone's now jumping on the whole "Elvis light" bandwagon for some reason.

TechStuf

Newly Enlightened
Heck, many of those of us with martial arts backgrounds have known about the Elvis/Kel-lite thing for years. Not really a bandwagon....just interesting trivia to fill auction space on my part.

ABTOMAT, thanks for the heads up on the auction notice thing....will know better next time.

Oh, does anyone know a 'Plutopete' here on the forum? He must like the Kel-lites! Just paid $89.00 for mine a few hours after it posted! :buddies:

Peace,

TS

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mod potential - forget Luxeons, forget 500 lumen bulbs. I'm thinking twelve high-current C cells would provide tremendous driving power for a 100W Osram bulb, of course, you will want to rip out any existing switch cores because they most assuredly cannot withstand the 10-20 amps that the Osram will pull (20A inrush current, 8-10 sustained).

You then get a fire-breathing, demon-slaying, darkness-annihilating 3000-6000 lumen monster. Demon-slaying? Yeah, if the light doesn't torch them first, you just turn it around and use it the other way. :D