Anyone attempted any Peak mods?

LowWorm

Enlightened
Just wondering if anyone's tried to modify a Peak light (two-stage, clicky, led replacement, etc.) or if it's even possible. I'm not familiar enough with mods to know what's out there for juicing up these nice little lights.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was going to quote the robot in the Disney movie, "Black Hole," who, speaking of his proven, long-standing design, comments, "You can't modify perfection." But your point about a clickie switch is well-taken.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I modded my Peak Mediterranean,
Removed the 123 lithium body and screwed on the 2AA body, loaded two NiMH batteries...twisted the body and it turned on. Removed the rear cap from the body and threaded in a Kroll, clicked it and it turned on. Put the lithium body back on and threaded in the loc-line magnet/clamp and mounted it on my desk.

"Modding" Peaks is a simple thing, fastest mods I have ever performed. The great thing is the speed of modding, the downside is everyone can do it. The guys at work are buying Meds for themselves... Gone are the days of having unique flashlights. If any two-stage switches come out, I just won't tell them and get one or two for myself.

Moe

Newly Enlightened
I just discovered, that peak now offers a kroll clicky and a lot more accesoires than when i last checked their homepage one week ago or so.

Does the 2 AA Body fit the CR123 heads?

Will there be a kroll clicky for the 1 x CR123-body as well?

Man, i would love to see a carribean with clicky being available!

paulr

Flashaholic
I'm not too interested in clickies but would like to upgrade the electronics and leds in several Matterhorns. I've been wondering what it would take to get that epoxy potting out.