PR-T board and dissasembly question...

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all!

I'm interested in having another PR-T and have some questions, can you help?

What board will fit inside a PR-T and deliver 700-900 mah current to a U bin Lux 3 using one or two 123's or one 3.7V Li-ion cell?

I currently have a PR-T and was wondering how do you remove the board? How do you open the thing? Is it epoxied? Should I even try to dissasemble?

Thanks!
AlexGT

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Shoppe board I think might work is the Wizard2 / 937mah but I do not know if this board will fit in the PR-T body, Does anyone know?

AlexGT

McGizmo

Flashaholic
AlexGT,
The Wiz2 will fit in the E-can used in the PR & PR-Theads. If you want to drive the LED at 700 to 900 mA, you can with the Wiz2 on the Li-Ion or 2x123 but the single CR123 primary does not have enough capacity and under load will drop below the Wiz2's 2.5V shut off. To be safe on a single CR123, you should not go beyond 550 mA, IMHO.

The components in a PR-T head are epoxied in so removal is possible but electronic components will be destroyed.

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know it will never happen - but it sure would be nice to get another run of the PR or PR-T heads. :)

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
StoneDog said:
I know it will never happen - but it sure would be nice to get another run of the PR or PR-T heads. :)

They are still my favorites too! ;)

X33

Enlightened
Just joined the PR-T club thanks to KevinL and its an amazing little thrower for its size. I really like it.

AuroraLite

Enlightened
A little late, but yes, if there is ever another run, it'd be great. Great format, functional and good looking too! :rock: