Help with SF-Newbie

renogeno

Newly Enlightened
I've recently acquired a Surefire I believe is an 8 NX. I have no recharger and SF wants $67 for one. It also has a cracked lens I would like to replace. Is there other batteries that can be used and how do you replace the lens? It appears the lens is formed right into the head. Any help? Thanks!

renogeno

pyro

Enlightened
The 8NX uses 3 Sub-C cells.

You can make your own stick from 3 NiMh Cells, but you have to use some thin wire to run the negative contact point to the front, just like the original.

modern cells tend to be thicker than the old NiCd used, so use some thin shrinkwrap for the pack.

renogeno

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the reply. Where can I get the sub-C NiMh cells and aren't they a rechargeable type? How would I recharge them if so? Thanks again

renogeno

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
With Surefire's usually comes a higher price. I am willing to pay for it. If the lens is cracked, send it into Surefire. It is covered under warranty.

I know www.batterystation.com sells rechargable sticks, but thats about it. The only charger I know of are AA/AAA chargers.

Size15's

Flashaholic
It is likely that SureFire would replace the broken window if you give 'em a call.

Without a doubt I would buy a new charger (and powersupply for the charger) and a couple of new B90 Battery Sticks.

I really like the 8NX as a general DIY and around the house flashlight - it's tough and I've found it reliable. Gotta have the latest charger and battery sticks for it though to take the most advantage.

Al