MagLite 2AAA mods?

K-T

*Moderator*
As the search limits the rults a bit I am wondering if there is any kind of mod available for the MiniMag 2AAA - it might have a different name but you will know what I am refering to by 2AAA. ;)

Anything? :poke: :(

K-T

*Moderator*
That's what I thought, too. :shrugh: The size shouldn't matter after what some here have done or created! :D

greenLED

Flashaholic
The MJ LED is as far as it'll go. LED_ASAP is the master of micro pills for minimags (and other microscopic circuits), PM him. IIRC, he posted reporting not much "real estate" to play with in the miniMag 2AAA.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or just stick a 18000 mcd Nichia or an LCK 26000mcd in it and run it off the lithium AAAs. All you have to do is trim the leads a little and get the polarity right.

The one I put together with an LCK on June 6th is still glowing after nearly four months of continuous operation. Not bright, but enough to read by if you hold it ~4 inches away.

Give you a hundred hours+ of useful life, better beam than the standard hotwire bulb and reflector.

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was wondering about this myself. I know the MJLED is an easy mod but does anyone know if Kevin's, (Lambda), ARCmania pill from the old Nano-Mate will fit a Mag 2XAAA?

cmendoza

Enlightened
I put a Lambda pill in a 2 AAA a while ago. The pill was designed for 2 AAA batteries, Lambda said not to try it with a regular pill. It worked very well.

ZuluWhiskeyFox

Enlightened
I to managed to stuff a pill made from a Lambda SMD kit into a 2AAA mini-mag. Had to make my own heatsink. The heatsink sort resembled the one used in the Mini-Pro kit. As others have said "There is not much real-estate to work with".

cheers,
zwf

Krit

Enlightened
I used to see the tiny board for AAA minimag. You can mod to lux I for long run time use.