WHO CAN OR WILL MODIFY AN ARC PREMIUM OLD VERSION FOR ME??

jpfaff

Newly Enlightened
I have a old version arc aaa. I would like it to work better than the new premium if possible. If anyone is interested post here or pm me.
Thanx Jason

Last edited:

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Jason,

There is a thread on upgrading the Arc AAA and if you follow the instructions carefully it isn't too difficult to do the job yourself. Having someone do it for you, unless they are a close friend, would most likely cost close to the new version.

I just upgraded one of my Arcs with an LED obtained from a 3.99 cent energizer brand light. The package is marked 'nichia Premium led' and is very bright (I'm pretty positive it's the same as in the new arcs.

Another option is to go luxeon but that really changes the whole character of the arc aaa. With the better and greater light coming from the new nichias I really don't think upgrading to luxeon is worth it (get a nano from andrew wynn instead and upgrade your arc to new nichia).

If you can't find someone more experienced , I will do it but I make no guarantees and I've killed one of my own arcs before success with the second. I'd do it for the cost of parts and return postage (around 8 dollars total -less if you provide the LED) but it might come back in pieces although I'm relatively confident it wouldn't. I really recommend trying it yourself since it isn't too hard and you will get a great feeling of accomplishment and you will love the results!

Last edited: