Help info on code four torches

Stephen

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone help with info on repair of code four, four d cell torch switch where the battery contact has worn away for the positive contact.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Code-4 was a light made by LA Screw which was sold to GT-Price which was sold to another company which was sold to Nordic. They don't make D-cell models any more.

You might try Brinkmann, and tell them you have a 5-3-2. I think the parts are pretty similar.

How about taking the switch module apart and replacing the copper strip?

Stephen

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info I intend to take the switch apart but I cannot see how at present it dos'nt come apart that I can see like a maglite.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does each end of the switch module have a little disk of black hardboard? I think you can unscrew something under the rubber button, then the black disks pry off. You can glue them back on.

Stephen

Newly Enlightened
not cardboard but a plastic disc with a seal that the body screws up against, the switch is one that presses through the switch section so one is on the other is off the rubber is quite brittle but one side dose appear to have a thread so will try over the weekend.
Stephen
PS I'm in the Uk so have to use family in us to obtain bits, as I like the torch for SAR work.