Price of the SF Hellfire

Andreas

Enlightened
Hello all,

Curious if any of you know if the Hellfire on SF's site is available and what the price is??

thanks

Andreas

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If it was ANYONE other than YOU.... I would think they were kidding.

So tell me... what is it like being financially successful? and can I come work with you?

Andreas

Enlightened
It sucks!! I would have been better off just owning a shaved ice cart on some beach and only worring about selling my daily amount of shaved ice. No Worries and NO lights to concern myself with.

But OH WELL

So what do you know????

Andreas

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Basically, if you're the type of person who can buy M1A2 tanks directly from the manufacturer, you'll be able to buy a Hellfire. Otherwise, it's unobtanium for the civillian market - because it's military-use and they've got enough problems trying to supply their military contracts, much less having any left over to sell (probably illegally) to the civillian sector anyways.

If you REALLY want to play with one, join the US Military and hope that you get into a unit which has access to those. Otherwise, you ain't getting one.

RalphRussell

Newly Enlightened
SureFire says the Hellfire will run for 8 hours using "two 5590 military batteries". What kind of battery is a 5590 military battery? Where can a non-military person such as myself get these?

I assume its like the Hellfire itself (only for military use). Eventually these things will be available to normal people as soon as the military comes up with something better that makes the current stuff obsolete. After all, its possible to get a 1kw 50 million cp tank light because they have been made obsolete for military use by better night vision equipment. Someday the Hellfire will be obsolete for military use too.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hate to see anyone EDCing that thing, especially with the, uh, twin 5590 batteries(no idea what they are but if it powers the Hellfire for 8 hours it can't be smaller than the light). Would be a nice deer chasing light though.....

5590's

Last edited:

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
BA-5590's, I knew that number. I used those batteries before (actually went through a few cases of them in a 1 year period.) They aren't that big, hmm maybe about 4X4 inches and about an inch and a half thick or so. Maybe the next time I roll up to the reserve center I can snap a picture of these batteries next to my U2 or M6.

I would guess estimate the price to be around ~3-4K per Hellfire?

Jason

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hookd_On_Photons said:
The Hellfire is on the Surefire website:

http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/prrfnbr/24279/sesent/00

Click on the "Weapon Lights" link at the top, and then the "Heavy Gun WeaponLights" link at the bottom of the page.

It clearly states "This is for Military Use only". That used to be true for Humvees, too... :whistle:

Meh - the Hummers you get aren't real HMMVW's either, not the type that'll drive cross-country and through shallow rivers without problems. And as 270winchester noted, some military-type equipment's no longer available, thanks to things like 9/11 and the need to 'secure the borders'. I doubt that the Hellfire will show up anytime soon outside of maybe another limited-edition Beast release, if only because of the problems Surefire already has supplying their contracts, not to mention any exclusivity clauses which may have been imposed upon them.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Then we better convince the military to use high powered LED to replace HID, so that all the HID lights will be obsolete, that's the only way we'll see any Hellfires in stores near you. But then We'll all be lusting after the military LED machine gun light....

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
How are the civvie Hummers not up to military spec? Last time I checked a few years ago everything was the same, minus maybe a fording kit and the rubber interior. BTW, I'm talking about real Hummers, not those ugly pimped Suburban H2/H3 models.

Andreas

Enlightened
Like this one

detail

Andreas

JackBlades

Enlightened
JasonC8301 said:
BA-5590's, I knew that number. I used those batteries before (actually went through a few cases of them in a 1 year period.) They aren't that big, hmm maybe about 4X4 inches and about an inch and a half thick or so. Maybe the next time I roll up to the reserve center I can snap a picture of these batteries next to my U2 or M6.

I would guess estimate the price to be around ~3-4K per Hellfire?

Jason

You need to check the link above. 5590s are WAY bigger than that.