Anyone else get the Husky sets at Home Depot?

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
This was my first Black Friday out shopping on purpose, and also my first truly flashaholic purchase. I definatly did not need these lights, but got them becuase they were on the cheap, and were new unknowns. Kinda gives you a rush...
I picked up the Husky 3 piece; with a 4 LR41 LED keylight, a 2AA mag copy, and a 1AAA minimini. All aluminum, xenon bulbs.

I like the silver keylight, its brighter than what I have now, so that's atleast a keeper, was also the main reason I bought the pack.
The minimag copy isn't very good, besides having a nice strong clicking button to acticate it. The body is aluminum, but the head is plastic, and the bezel doesn't seperate, you can't get to the reflector. Comes with a extra bulb in the bottom cap. Focusable.
The AAA has a push-bottom for the clickie on. Focusable too, was really weak, though.

All this is based on the batteries that came with it, fresh or maybe lithiums would have to make them a little better.
For $6.99, I figured I'd give them a try.
Anyone else get this or the other set of 4? Or both, of coarse?

Malpaso

Enlightened
I saw a Husky work light that I thought was excellent at Home Depot the other day. It looked like a contractors light, with the cage front. It could stand on the ground, or clip to the hood of your car. It had AC and DC adapters, a port to charge cell phones and such. The price was around $25. I had it in my hands and was walking to the register when I saw it was made in China. I put it back and left with nothing. Quite disappointing.

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Radio said:
I saw both sets of "Husky" lights at Home Depot, the 2 pack and the 4 pack, passed on both, but went nuts on the M@gs, got 11.
Lordy, Radio, 11Mags??
I'm definatly not up to that speed! I only have a 3C, and I'm going to just get a Terralux drop-in for that and leave in the car. I couldn't imagine what to do with 10 more.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I didn't go into any other store except Sears...

I went there specifically before 11AM as that was when many prices changed. No lights, but got two 19.2V battery packs for $30, a Stud Finder for $7.50 and a few other items not on sale.

Was going to go out and hit Walmart tonight, but have no reason to leave the house again!

Radio

Modulated Moderator
I am reading my butt off on this board, want to do HID and some kind of LED with multiple 3 watt emitters like a penatalux, plus I might need spare parts, I'm going out again to pick up my kid at work, I may buy a few more!!

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
ernsanada said:

Yeah ernsanada, that's the one I bought, the 3 pack. The 2 bigger lights are pretty much poop, unless you can mod them in some fashion. And I wouldn't know how you'd get the relfector out of the 2AA, since the head is all one piece(altleast as far as I can tell, saw no section lines), and plastic to boot.
But for some reason I dig that little silver keylight, ao maybe I can drop an led into the 2AA and see what happens.