Pentagon L3 any good?

CoolGuy2

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, I need some feedback on Pentagon L3 flashlight. Anyone have or use one? How do you like it? It is worth the extra money over their L2? How much brighter than L2? Pentagon site said 75 lumen(L3) vs 65 lumen(L2) Thanks

Big Bob

Newly Enlightened
As far as I'm concerned, it's a real winner :thumbsup: . I've had an L3-HA for several weeks, and it's a great light for the $ IMHO....perfectly focused beam with a bright hotspot and lots of sidespill, no detectable artifacts or rings and the HA-III anodizing is first rate. I also got the X3 conversion head for it. No L2 here, so I can't make the comparison that you're seeking.

CoolGuy2

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Big Bob! Do you think it(L3) is brighter or same as Inova T4/5? Thanks

Big Bob

Newly Enlightened
I have a T4 which is my usual "walk the dog light". As one might expect, the 5-watt PentagonLight L3 has a much larger and brighter hotspot than the Inova T4 and a great deal more sidespill than the T4 which uses an overdriven Luxeon III (I think). Moreover, the much more abundant sidespill of the L3 is ring-free unlike the T4 with its tiros lense. As close as I can tell, both have about the same throw. The Pentagon L3 compares very favorably to the SF L6.

Last edited:

spoonrobot

Enlightened
Where are you guys getting your L3s from? The only place I can find them in stock is the pentagonlight website.

Big Bob

Newly Enlightened
spoonrobot said:
Where are you guys getting your L3s from? The only place I can find them in stock is the pentagonlight website.
I ordered mine on-line directly from Pentagonlight. They shipped it two days after the order date, and it showed-up at my door in Toronto within a week of shipment. Not bad.
BTW, I see the Pentagonlight X3 in the KnifeCentre's offerings, but I don't see the L3. I have seen L3's on other dealers' sites though, but I can't recall which ones offhand.

Here you go, Amondo Tech seems to have them in stock:
http://www.amondotech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1039

Last edited: