The Arc H4 is still my favorite

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, I know a lot of you don't like the H4 -- QC and all that -- and a lot of you don't like the old Arc company. And I know it has the lowly Luxeon I.

But I continue to be amazed at just how good this light is. Mine was one of the most efficient lights that Peter and company built. I know this because the company listed the current draw and other key qualities by serial number so I know exactly what I got. How many other companies give you that. At best you get luck of the draw (or worse). So it's bright and the battery lasts forever. The switch works great. I leave it latched on the lowest setting, which is lower than any other light I've seen. That low beam is really useful in the middle of the night when my night vision is at full throttle.

The light switches easily from ultra low to medium to high.

I have the HDS Basic 60, Lionheart, Lion cub and had the PD beauty from McGizmo and the L4 and U2 and some customs. All are brighter than the H4, but none have the overall usefulness. This is the light I always grab.

The H4 started the EDC revolution, and to my mind, it's still the horse to beat.

Josey

cy

Flashaholic
Seems if you got an ARC4 that worked trouble-free to begin with. it tends to stay that way.

early release ARC4's give the fewest problems. Once you dial Arc4's switch in, they are very reliable.

Arc4 is still one of my favorite lights. reguardless of problems of Arc company. Arc4 broke new ground for IC controlled flashlights.

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
cy said:
Seems if you got an ARC4 that worked trouble-free to begin with. it tends to stay that way.

I EDC mine still. It wokerd for one and a half years trouble free, but the it started to malfunction. As I know the reason, I give it a special heat treatment every few weeks (when it is necessary).