KL-6 + C-3

quarkstar

Newly Enlightened
I'm new to all this flashholism so forgive me if I ask a newbee question.
Can I run a Surefire KL-6 LED head on a Surefire C-3 ? Is the KL-6 a better unit than the KL-5? I'm looking for throw first (Incans have throw, but I want shook resistance), but also want max runtime. Spill light would be nice too.
Thanks All

Mr HG

Enlightened
Hi Quarkstar. The KL6 can not be fitted to a C3 body. The KL6 only fits the L6, M3, M4 and M6. If you want a LED head for your C3 I would recommend you trying out the new KL3 LED head, lots of throw!. Allthough the KL5 fits the C-series, I am not sure the KL5 unit can handle 9V. I have both the KL5 and the KL6 and the difference in throw is hardly noticeable. Both also have the same stated brightness, 65 lumens. But IMO both put out more than 65 lumens.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
The KL5 can now take 9V and runs 110 min regulated on 3xSF123!

The KL6 will throw a bit better than the KL5, but both aren't "throw" lights but produce something best described as a "ram of light" ... bright concentrated corona and big hotspot gently fading in the corona.

If you want throw with a LED light AND you want it to be a SF you can either use the KL3 for some throw and incredible runtime (but no spill and not monster-bright) or buy aftermarket parts like McGizmo's Aleph Series, but those are E-Series parts.

In general, LuxIII lights throw better than LuxV lights, so ... talking in stock lights ... a NightOps Gladius will outthrow both the KL5 and KL6 on high ... but puts out less total lumens.

bernie