18650 Extender for JetBeam RRT-01/TC-R1?

Tofty

Enlightened
I think it looks pretty good, ought to do the job.
However since you asked for feedback:

As for detailing; i would suggest either a grid pattern to compliment the pattern on the tail just not at 45 degrees, or just some rings, but either choice should use a similar radius and spacing to the pattern in the tail.

As for the lip; i think keeping a smooth transition between the smooth head section and the extender would look best but would it be possible to give the other end a 10-20 degree chamfer down to the smaller diameter of the tail, i feel this would look a little neater and feel better in the hand.

Also i agree with gunga that it could do with an o-ring channel, the TC-R1 comes with a spare o-ring which is lucky.

All that being said i'll go for one of each type whether any of these features are implemented or not but i also won't be upset if your initial quoted price goes up if you do implement any.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with Shikar and Gunga that the extender could do with some simple lines or rings.
I'm in for sure. Thanks for doing this.

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for the feedback guys

I quickly this morning spun one of the tubes on my lathes. my poor hobbyist lathe has a dying motor and cannot do anything too substantial apart from a bit of polishing. nevertheless I kept at it and cut 2 rings on the body. sorry about the picture but I was in a rush and just made a point and shoot photo.

I think the rings break up the monotony of the extender and sit well with the design of the rest of the torch - you can see rings on the head with similar spacings. This adds minimal machine time so can be achieved easily.

Again I would value your honest feedback.

I cannot undertake anything more substantial such as the diametric pattern as it would involve putting it on a milling machine which adds further costs as it needs further machining and design.
To cut a slot for the O ring at the bottom of the threads is simple. I just didnt bother but that is something that can be done easily.

DSC01837.jpg

Last edited:

Shikar

Newly Enlightened
Good Morning Mohan,

Add the O-ring slot, thats a good idea for sure.
The rings you cut break up the monotony of the extender just perfect, cosmetically lets keep it just that way now.
Great work and thanks again for doing this for all of us!!
Let me know paypal and lets get it done.

Regards.

Diablo_331

Enlightened
Is there any chace that this can be offered in aluminum? Raw or HA would be fine by me.

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the encouragement.

I will go and work out with machinist how much raw material I need to order.

Once I am in a position to go ahead I will post on this thread and start a separate sales thread. I can make a couple of aluminium extensions for those who want it.

I am getting the impression that the majority are asking for 18650 extensions and maybe just the odd couple of 18500 extension.

Diablo_331

Enlightened
mohanjude said:
Thanks for the encouragement.

I will go and work out with machinist how much raw material I need to order.

Once I am in a position to go ahead I will post on this thread and start a separate sales thread. I can make a couple of aluminium extensions for those who want it.

I am getting the impression that the majority are asking for 18650 extensions and maybe just the odd couple of 18500 extension.

18650 in aluminum flavor for me please!

aau007

Enlightened
I am so in for a Ti 18650 extension tube. Will the AL version cost the same? I suppose the AL version will work with both the rrt01 and the Niteye?

When is the pre-ordering start? I can't wait to run the tcr1 with 18650. The only reason I don't use the tcr1 much is battery life. If I get an extension to run 18650, I might even get another tcr1. One for shelf and one for throwing around.

mr.snakeman

Enlightened
I´m definately in for a Ti 18650 extension tube (with o-ring groove). Can´t let my V10R Ti´s have all the 18650 fun. Knurling or tighter groves as on my V10r Ti 18650 tube would be worth paying a bit more for.

ErichM

Newly Enlightened
Great work Mohan. I am interested in both AL and Ti 18650 with o-ring groove.

Last edited:

phips

Newly Enlightened
Have you considered making a full battery compartment instead of an extender?
I think it would make for a much cleaner look.
Add some knurling like on the RRT-01 and the battery tube is perfect.