18650 Extender for JetBeam RRT-01/TC-R1?

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you considered making a full battery compartment instead of an extender?
I think it would make for a much cleaner look.
Add some knurling like on the RRT-01 and the battery tube is perfect.

It would add to the cost and make the existing body redundant. The OP is about making an extender. In time I am sure a complete new body could be machined which would put it at $150 - just slightly less than the cost of the TCR1. Not sure if there is going to be the appetite.

jedirock

Newly Enlightened
It would add to the cost and make the existing body redundant. The OP is about making an extender. In time I am sure a complete new body could be machined which would put it at $150 - just slightly less than the cost of the TCR1. Not sure if there is going to be the appetite.

For $150, I would agree that there isn't any appetite from me, anyway.

Any updates on how these are progressing? Or are we still waiting for shipping to deliver the small CNC machine?

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cnc drill has been ordered with inserts. Waiting for delivery any time soon.

Machining shop has a lead time around 4 weeks. So hopefully it will be be around 4 weeks. I hate waiting but when you have small jobs nobody does anything in a hurry. People who have regular contracts always get priority. Well down the pecking order.... Good news is that the 2m of Ti bar has arrived.

Mohan

For $150, I would agree that there isn't any appetite from me, anyway.

Any updates on how these are progressing? Or are we still waiting for shipping to deliver the small CNC machine?

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cnc drill with inserts have arrived.

Paid for the drill.. Ouch. I am going to donate it to the shop for doing my work over the last few months.

Should get a move on next week hopefully from the vibes I am getting. It all depends if that free slot materialises. Going to make the majority for 18650 and a few for 18500.

ErichM

Newly Enlightened
Great news! can't wait for this extender. Any thoughts on doing a run in aluminum?

Last edited:

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mohan, if it's going to be around $50 for this add another tcr1 owner to your list :party:

No problem. I think there is going to be around x16 18650 extenders and around x5 18500 extenders looking at the length of the Ti bar that I bought (1 meter)

I am also going to go and purchase a small length of 25mm diameter aluminium bar to make a couple of 18650 extenders in aluminium (no more than 5). This is not definite as I haven't visited the metal shop but shouldn't be a problem

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok we are making progress. X 10 18500 extensions made. Screw 2 of these together and you get a 18650 extension. The 18650 extensions are been machined right now in Ti.

I also bought an aluminium bar but that will have to wait a little.

Here are some pictures at the Cnc shop

e63f9cd1.jpg

230ed6b9.jpg

6088e2ef.jpg

Sales thread will open soon. I will add people already who expressed an interest on to the sales thread.

Thanks everyone.

Mohan

mr.snakeman

Enlightened
Ok we are making progress. X 10 18500 extensions made. Screw 2 of these together and you get a 18650 extension. The 18650 extensions are been machined right now in Ti.

I also bought an aluminium bar but that will have to wait a little.

Here are some pictures at the Cnc shop

e63f9cd1.jpg

230ed6b9.jpg

6088e2ef.jpg

Sales thread will open soon. I will add people already who expressed an interest on to the sales thread.

Thanks everyone.

Mohan
I´m in for two 18500 extenders if they are all o-ring groved otherwise an18650 o-ring groved extender. Thanks for your effort on this project.

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I´m in for two 18500 extenders if they are all o-ring groved otherwise an18650 o-ring groved extender. Thanks for your effort on this project.

I can put black o rings on the 18500 for you ... Is that ok? For the rest I am assuming people can use the spare red o ring that came with the torch.

mr.snakeman

Enlightened
I can put black o rings on the 18500 for you ... Is that ok? For the rest I am assuming people can use the spare red o ring that came with the torch.
As long as the o-ring grooves and the o-rings are there on all threaded ends, i`m ok with that (Sweden-winter-wet). Thanks.