1st 2012 meet on 24th March for Melbourne CPFers???

Which location would you prefer for the meet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
How's this for a location:

http://www.exploroz.com/Places/98365/VIC/Wenhams_Camp.aspx

About 15 mins from town, we can take the spit, Leoht (or anyone else that wants to) can camp. There's a 500m or so open space as a shooting range, and it'll be dark as kamahl up there. There's even longdrops and a wood burning BBQ if you want to add snags to the spit-roast lamb.

Here's a Google Earth shot of the camping area:
Screen%2520Shot%25202012-02-20%2520at%25201.10.21%2520PM.png

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator
I vote for just slightly south, TASSIE!!!...........:D

I travel to Tassie gladly Glen, PM me the travel and accommodation details, very nice of you to offer.

PS when you're making bookings I prefer to travel 1st class and stay in 5 star accommodation. :devil:

Norm

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
State park. Now that I think of it, you might have some trouble with your dog... If you keep it on a lead you'll be fine, but if you let it run, they do bait for foxes up there.

Edit: actually, dogs are banned from the Warby state park... Poo.

Last edited:

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the concern, but we're safe and sound, if not a bit damp. My house sits next to/on top of an old backfilled quarry, so all the water runs down the hole. Makes it hard to keep the plants alive, but is pretty handy when it's really wet like this.

By the time I'm flooded, Noah will be loading his boat.

Spare a few thoughts though for the folks out of town sweeping the mud from their living rooms again...

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the national park that we're supposed to meet in drowning in flood water??? I wonder if it will be dry enough for the meet on the 24th? Looks like we may need to think of an alternate location in case the national park is unsuitable.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
The park is fine, it's at the top of a hill. You'd only need to worry about another location if it kept raining like this for the next 2 weeks.

The sun is out today, things should settle down today.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wang's not that big :) there aren't really "sides of town".

Have a look here

The Gateway is the best hotel.

Parkview, Warby Lodge, and Hermitage are all OK.

Millers Cottage is the cheapest, smallest, furthest away from anywhere, but has coin-operated vibrating beds.

Your call :)

Last edited:

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
The meet is being held at Wenhams Camp in Taminick. My wife and kids wanna tag along for the trip, which means I gotta look for proper accommodation like a self contained holiday apartment/house.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
The spit takes 3-4 hours to cook. If I'm to do that we should meet up a few hours before dinner time. Otherwise we can just take some snags and steaks and cook a BBQ up there.

If we arrange to meet somewhere in town at a certain time, then we can head up the hill from there. That'll give folks a chance to check in and organise supplies first.

kiwiman3139

Newly Enlightened
We both work on Saturday so wouldn't get there till 7--7.30. so we would probably meet at site. Vivian and Jaron are coming up but they will probably go to the movies.
Dinner wise,we will go with whatever happens.
Stewart

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
BBQ sounds good, the lamb roast may take up too much prep and cooking time. What sort of BBQ pit is it? Gas? Woodfire? Electric?

Simon, can you draw up like a timetable as a guide for us as it will make it easier for those of us driving up to plan out trip? My wife & 2 kids will be coming along for the meet, so perhaps to make it easier to prep, cook and clean up, a sausage sizzle might be the best option, in that way even the young kids(like my 3yo) can tuck in without the need of a kid's menu.

Can I get a head count so I know just how much food to purchase? I've got 3 mouths total in my brood.