1st 2012 meet on 24th March for Melbourne CPFers???

Which location would you prefer for the meet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Norm

Retired Administrator
Is the spit a goer Simon?
Just making accommodation arrangements.
Any plans for Sunday morning?
Norm

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got no issue cooking the spit (except that it's broken and I need to fix it).

I haven't thought about Sunday morning. I'm open to suggestions. There's a few cafes here that do a very good breakfast.

It's not going to get dark until nearly 8PM, so dinner can be fairly relaxed. The BBQ's at the site are wood fired, so i'll need time to get them going anyway. I'll provide the lamb, if someone could bring sausages, that'd be good.

I'll be at the site by 3PM in order to have the spit going. People will be welcome to join me at any time after that. The roast will be ready by 6PM. It'll take you 2.5 hours from Cragieburn to Wangaratta with no stops. If it takes you longer, you're driving too slowly.

All of this is assuming, of course, it's not going to be pissing down rain.

Norm

Retired Administrator
All booked, looking forward to it.

How many Kilos of mystery bags do we need?

Norm

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahh. I'm not sure. I'll need final numbers to work that out.

I can supply dead horse.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
That'd be awesome, thanks!

Would it be worth PMing some of the less regular CPF visitors to see if they haven't spotted this thread and are keen?

Phil Ament

Enlightened
Hi there guys (and gals maybe)

I live in Melbourne and my wife actually comes from Wangaratta. I suppose that you know that there has been quite a lot of rain up there recently, so much so that I would be a little bit careful about taking too many lights up there with you. You might actually cause some "flash" flooding. :whistle:

Sincerely Yours
Phil Ament :wave:

P.S. What's on the cards. A bit of "light entertainment" maybe.

Last edited:

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's no flooding issues in Wangaratta at all now. The river has dropped and all is well.

You could come up too, Phil!

Phil Ament

Enlightened
There's no flooding issues in Wangaratta at all now. The river has dropped and all is well.

You could come up too, Phil!

Thanks for that mvyrmnd. Is it you that lives in Wangaratta and if it is, you may even know my wife's family. I was only kidding around about Wang and the flooding. It was really just used as a segway to my really crappy joke about the lights causing "flash" flooding. When I first saw this thread today (one of my US CPF mates actually sent me the link) I had planned to ask my mrs about it anyway, and I still will. Only trouble is that we have a couple of giant "killer" dogs and we can't leave them behind so it often takes a little bit of extra planning. Plus I would really feel bad if they ate one of your kids, unless of course you are REALLY sick of them. Actually by the sounds of things outside at the moment, it may very well be time to start building that ark. Anyway I'll hit up the mrs and see what she says. Oh by the way, my real name is Renn. Nice to meet you all!

Bye for now :wave:
Renn

P.S. I'll race you all there in my WRX :devil:

Last edited:

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I'm the one who lives here. PM me your Mrs. name and I'll see. My wife knows everyone here :)

I don't particularly want my kids eaten, though...

Phil Ament

Enlightened
Yeah, I'm the one who lives here. PM me your Mrs. name and I'll see. My wife knows everyone here :)

I don't particularly want my kids eaten, though...

OK, will do, I'll PM you in a sec. Oh and they are pretty gnarly dogs. Half maltese half chihuahua, take your whole arm off, not. :whistle: