• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 2-1/2D M*g powered by 6x168S Pila

k-2

Newly Enlightened
Anything less than that is not acceptable.
smile.gif
Varooj,
That's why I sent two holders back to you for inspection, repair/replacement. Two of my battery holders worked great, but the two I sent back did not drive the bulb at all. I have no volt-meter, but it doesn't take a volt-meter to know that these two holders were not putting out the voltage.
awman.gif

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
that's really surprising.. the design is so direct i can't even imagine a way it wasn't working.. hopefullly it wasn't that a series model got mixed with a parallel model or something. It would be interesting to see what the situation is.. the tolerances are pretty tight with the short positive buttons on LiON cells, wondering if they just weren't making contact.

-awr

k-2

Newly Enlightened
andrewwynn
I was surprised too. Varooj puts out quality stuff. I'm using AW's protected 17670's. At first I thought it was the batteries. But after playing around with the four battery holders that I had, I finally came upon a combination of two that worked. The two that did not work, did not work either together, or with the two that did work.
wtfsign.gif
(As I said in my initial post, I do not have a volt-meter, which would have made things much easier). The contacts look fine, so it must be in the connections.
icon3.gif

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'm betting it's a tolerance issue with the batteries.. that they are fitting tight or something... the way that the contacts work on those holders.. the brass goes straight through to the plate on the other side.. you might need a tiny spacer like the 1/2mm thick magnets i use when batteries need a bit of a boost... I also find that with the protected 17670s, i had to turn them the right orientation so the metal tab going up the side doesn't interfere.

-awr

bobbo

Newly Enlightened
Hi Varooj,

As vulnerable as I am to your awe-inspiring "chrome" lights,cannot resist
purchasing one (have two of the common color one's already).

#3 Chrome - 80.00
3 x battery holders - 96.00
3 x LOP reflectors - 60.00
3 x Potted 1111 bulbs - 40.00
1 x Potted axial bulb - 12.00
Shipping - 8.00
Total: 296.00
PayPal sent

Thanks as always,
Bob

bobbo

Newly Enlightened
Varooj,
On my order,I should have printed "4" reflectors instead of 3.

I guess it's just too late in the morning and I'm WAY too old.
Some day you will be old also, Ha

Sorry!

k-2

Newly Enlightened
Varooj
Received my replacement battery holders. They work fine. Thank you for backing up your goods.
buttrock.gif
:goodjob:
k-2

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
Hello Varooj,

I'll take #2 Chrome $80
Aluminum cammed LOP reflector $20
2x Boro lens $10
4x potted 1111 bulbs $40
4x potted axial $48
4x battery holders (true works of art) $128
Shipping $8

TOTAL: $334

Paypal enroute

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
Curtis,

Congrats on the purchase. Excellent choice. It'll go nicely with your FM3V/6AA. Mr. HA-3! You got de laaaaaast one. AWR has taken his 880L and converted it into a 3000+ torch lumen USL stomper with his regulator circuit, no instaflash, no dimming during the run. IIRC runtimes about 15 mins but you can quick-change battery magazines (12AA). Tonights testing night for that monster. I may be content just to run the 1111 for a loooong time.

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
haven't measured runtime yet but it's more like 8-10.. it is stunning though.. you can see pics of the USL here, there anywhere... it looks just exactly the same.

We measured 80,000 lux.

The quick-change batteries is nice.. the constant output is pretty amazing.

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
FM, Where do we stand on these? Just curious as to how much longer the wait will be for the 2.5D in dark grey HA3?

Hopefully this will match your new 3.5" head you are going to be producing.

Thanks

Curtis

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Curtis, I think you should have some more patiency. I was told it would take many weeks to HAIII anodize them.

Sigbjoern

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Patience, Patience, Patience.... I keep hearing that. LOL. No problem. I just wasn't sure how long it would take. Now I know several weeks so no worries anymore.

Thanks.

Curtis

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got email from FM about the HA and my hosts.. i'm just getting them in the 'Cue' myself.. my attitude on custom orders is to just completely put them out of my mind and it's like a surprise birthday present when things arrive unannounced!

-awr

candlelet

Newly Enlightened
Hi FM,

:paypal: sent for :
1. 1 x red flashlight $50
2. 2 x Battery holders $64
3. 2 x WA1111 bulb $20
4. 1 x Cammed LOP reflector $20
5. 1 x Boro lens $5
6. US shipping $8

Total $167.

Thank you.

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
Candelet,

Congrats on a great purchase. I highly recommend you add some of the axial 7.2V bulbs to your order because I love them in my setup. 1111 is still my favorite, but the axials have a nicer flood character and a beautiful circular beam shape. It focuses and appears nicer. I change back and forth between the two, currently the axial is in mine right now. Runtime is great in this setup. Enjoy!

candlelet

Newly Enlightened
Thanks. This is a great site especially for a newbie like myself to learn. When I saw FM's work of art in this forum I could not hold back my excitement. I guess this is only the beginning of more excitements!!

k-2

Newly Enlightened
Varooj,

"Need" another.
grinser2.gif

paypal.gif
for Red #3, Boro Lens, Shipping.
thanks.gif

k-2