• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 2-1/2D M*g powered by 6x168S Pila

citizenal

Newly Enlightened
1 Black #8 $50
2 battery holders $64
5 potted WA1111 $50
2 Potted/frosted CL1499 $20
2 Potted axial $24
2 Aluminum cammed LOP reflector $40
Boro lens $5 each
Shipping $8 to States
Insurance is extra ($2.20 In States)
Toatl 263.20
Paypal Sent. Thanks!

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
Congratulations Citizenal,

YOU GOT THE VERY LAST ONE!!!

Enjoy your purchase, I was waiting to find out who was going to get the last in the series. Great bulb selection, if you havent tried them yet the axial bulbs have displaced the WA1111 as a favorite for me in this light, awesome circular beam shape and flood character. No knocks against Mr. 1111, its still brightest with long runtime. Cheers!!

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
k-2 said:
Anything less than that is not acceptable.
smile.gif
Varooj,
That's why I sent two holders back to you for inspection, repair/replacement. Two of my battery holders worked great, but the two I sent back did not drive the bulb at all. I have no volt-meter, but it doesn't take a volt-meter to know that these two holders were not putting out the voltage.
awman.gif

K-2, I had a problem with 1 holder not conducting my AW's also, but it did turn out to be the contacts were dirty or coated with some type of oxidation.

Initially I scraped the surfaces with an Xacto knife blade which worked, but then found the Craig Deoxit & GoldPro contacts cleaners that are carried at Radio Shack. They cleaned off a bunch of what appeared to be oxidized residue on the contact points, and the Pro-Gold then coats it to protect for a long time.

Some of the residue was also on the battery terminals which I also cleaned and coated. I treated the inside/outside contact surfaces, and both sides of the larger screw on ends. I was left with a pretty dirty rag after cleaning up two of the 9 x 150s 1300 lumen, and one of the 3 x 168s 700 lumen Mag lites.

Now they all work perfectly, and are even a bit brighter than before.

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
Just a note of caution regarding the battery holders: DO NOT overtighten them.... it is possible to thread the center rod until it contacts the bottom plate through the plastic base, causing a massive short. It happened to me using unprotected cells of lesser length than Pilas, the batteries got HOT within seconds and a voltmeter reading said 0 volts..

k-2

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by LuxLuthor
K-2, I had a problem with 1 holder not conducting my AW's also, but it did turn out to be the contacts were dirty or coated with some type of oxidation.

Initially I scraped the surfaces with an Xacto knife blade which worked, but then found the Craig Deoxit & GoldPro contacts cleaners that are carried at Radio Shack. They cleaned off a bunch of what appeared to be oxidized residue on the contact points, and the Pro-Gold then coats it to protect for a long time.

Some of the residue was also on the battery terminals which I also cleaned and coated. I treated the inside/outside contact surfaces, and both sides of the larger screw on ends. I was left with a pretty dirty rag after cleaning up two of the 9 x 150s 1300 lumen, and one of the 3 x 168s 700 lumen Mag lites.

Now they all work perfectly, and are even a bit brighter than before
LuxLuthor

Thanks for the follow-up.

Originally posted by Lunarmodule
Just a note of caution regarding the battery holders: DO NOT overtighten them.... it is possible to thread the center rod until it contacts the bottom plate through the plastic base, causing a massive short. It happened to me using unprotected cells of lesser length than Pilas, the batteries got HOT within seconds and a voltmeter reading said 0 volts..Yesterday 10:41 PM
Lunarmodule

Unfortunately, been there, done that.

k-2

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
My mistake. Somehow I missed that lonely spot for #4 Chrome. Therisensun, you may be in very good fortune indeed then. I still have and love my Chrome 2.5D. Best feature is the excellent runtime, 75 mins typical with 1111. I recommend trying the 7.2V axial Carley bulb offered here as well.

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use my 2.5 for my Mag100.. simplly incredible.. before it was the 100 i used it for an 1185 with 9x 17500 for nearly an hour of runtime!

-awr

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
andrewwynn said:
I use my 2.5 for my Mag100.. simplly incredible.. before it was the 100 i used it for an 1185 with 9x 17500 for nearly an hour of runtime!
-awr

How did you fit 3 sets of 17500 in a 2.5D size light? I got FM's 1300 Mag85 that was a 3D size, using 9x17500...which is why I didn't grab one of these shorter lights.

Kevin Tan

Enlightened
Basically u just get a longer center rod that connects all 3 serial 17500 together. With this config, u use only 1 holder with a center rod of 150mm just for the batts clearance. U need to do a bit of jugging as the center battery is held in only by the force of the center rod clamping the batteries. I have the same and am looking to run a regulator in it.

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
almost what he said.. originally i had no center rod (not needed).. i had magnets between the cells to keep them from falling all over.. I did upgrade to a center rod but since have scrapped that battery pack... it got turned into an M6 rechargeable pack and the host turned into my Mag100.

the reason for 'almost'.. they are the parallel adapters.. and only ONE is needed for 6 or 9 or 12 batteries if in series-parallel config.

The 9x17500 solution does need a regulator.. are you on the list for hotdriver (hard to remember who is all on it) or going with the PIR?

-awr

therisensun

Newly Enlightened
:paypal: for:

1 Chrome#4 2-1/2 D $80
3 battery holders $96
Shipping $8

Total $184.00

Thanks,
Max

Lunarmodule,

Sometimes, LIFE IS GOOD. :buddies: I am going to be placing one of andrewwynn's hotdrivwers and KIU socket, in this light. I already have some bi-pin ca1499 and I can't wait to try them out. If bi-pin axial are available, I would love to try those. I am also planning on using this host for the 1185 with 9x17500's. (adjust the hotdriver, change battery packs and bulbs and go forth and illuminate! :bow: Andrewwynn)

Last edited:

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
fivemega said:
Any interest for another run?

FM,

I may be interested in one of these! I like the idea of the series/parallel to achieve the long runtimes and reliable WA1111 option. Very similar to your 5000mAh 2x6AA Stylish ROP by FIVEMEGA except with Li-On in a smaller body.

In the next run are you going to create a single battery pack with external charging port?

Any external machining?

Edit: OOPS, JUST SAW THE OTHER THREAD WHERE YOU ARE OFFERING THE 6 LION HOLDER SERIES/PARALLEL FOR 7.4 OPERATION. THANKS!

Last edited: