• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

2nd Wave of Ti Sapphire **SOLD**

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 2nd Wave of Ti Sapphire

Hi Don!

I would be intrested in two of those beauties, but, before I pull the trigger, I have one question, I couldn't find an answer anywhere :

What is the output of the Ti Sapphire? Are there perhaps some beamshots anywhere?

I'm not after the Lumen anymore, the Sundrop XR-U is about to teach me a lesson about that, but I would want to know if the Sapphire can be compared (in output) to a typical keychain light (which is only meant to find the keyhole, as the ThriNite TiKey e.g.) or if it can be used as a real walking light (Like a Fenix L0D e.g.)

Thanks in advance,

Henk

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Henk,
I haven't taken any beam shots. I think it fair to compare the beam pattern and size of the Sapphire to that of the SunDrop XR-U on low if you were to remove the bright "ring" of light that is at the edge of the XR-U's beam and just leave the core. The intensities are similar to my naked eye as well. The Sapphire is a cooler beam than the SunDrop XR-U.

Perhaps others can chime in here with some observations as well.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Don!

I think I now know what I needed to know...

Unfortunately, my wife doesn't share my flashlight passion, I already offered here a stainless steel AAA for her keychain and she says that she now has a flashlight and doesn't want another.

So, I'm in for one Sapphire!

Greets,

Henk

McGizmo

Flashaholic

I do have two left, yes. I also have more components on order but it is likely a good ways out for more, after these two.

Darkspark

Newly Enlightened

Excellent! :paypal:Seriously looking forward...:popcorn:

Thanks again Don!

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Hi guys,
OK, these are all gone now. Thanks!

I will be doing more when I get more components on hand.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my Sapphire yesterday evening. The postman succeeded in compressing the parcel enough to throw it into the mailbox. The hardest part was to find and to free the jewel! :p

I attached the clip and fed it with an Energizer L92. Those cells are really great for lightweights, seems my whole keychain, where the Sapphire is attached by now, weights only half than with the Fenix LD01ss.

Switching the Sapphire on by daylight makes no sense, so I just tested the light for its functions and waited for the night to come. As for the function, I'm not yet used to the battery rattling on off-position and I must overcome my fear that tightening the light too much might lead to killing the board or whatever... :candle:

Later on, in darkness, the beam was another revelation. As Don said, it's like the Sundrop on low and cool temperature. Even beam, no artefacts, more than enough light to find a way or a keyhole in the dark. The LD01ss looks weird in comparison. It's a great light, no doubt, but in fact pretty useless on a keychain. Flood is the magic work, nice, clean and even. :)

I'm happy with that little beauty on my keychain, looks great and serves well!