4sevens Maelstrom X10 Review with OTF lumens.

Nokoff

Enlightened
thanks for taking the time for a detailed explanation ti-force, and good luck on your testing of the unit without the active thermal nanny, should be interesting once that variable is removed.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's all good vinhn I really want to see the technical data to, thanks for the willingness to send these out to ti-force.

Last edited:

Bass

Enlightened
Thank you, my friend. Say uh, you wouldn't happen to have performed any of your beautiful photography on your S12, would you?:D I could use an S12 image or two in the first post of this thread since I don't have any. If you haven't, don't bother going through any trouble for that purpose alone.

Thanks ti-force. It would be a pleasure to have any images you wanted added to your excellent reviews. I have a few S12 images - please use any you want :)

S12_4Sevens_01a.jpg

S12_4Sevens_04.jpg

S12_4Sevens_07.jpg

S12_102a.jpg

S12_4Sevens_101.jpg

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Bass,

What camera and lens do you use for the S12 photos? I love your pictures. They look like they came out of a brochure.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
The thread that keeps on giving. Does anybody have a S12 vs. S10 comparrison beamshots???

Im guessing the obious is more throw yet similar flood. My XM-L lights typically have very big hotspots and alot of spill.

bigC

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
The thread that keeps on giving. Does anybody have a S12 vs. S10 comparrison beamshots???

Im guessing the obious is more throw yet similar flood. My XM-L lights typically have very big hotspots and alot of spill.

bigC

Get these beamshots to yah hopefully by tomorrow night. :)

Bass

Enlightened
Bass,

What camera and lens do you use for the S12 photos? I love your pictures. They look like they came out of a brochure.

Thanks vinhnguyen54. The dark background shots were done with a Canon 550d (Rebel T2i) with the standard kit lens. The white background was with a Sony a700, which is my usual equipment and the camera I use for most of my stuff.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks vinhnguyen54. The dark background shots were done with a Canon 550d (Rebel T2i) with the standard kit lens. The white background was with a Sony a700, which is my usual equipment and the camera I use for most of my stuff.
Very Nice photos Bass, Thank You.
Ti-Force, You need mine for comparison?. Roundtrip shipping on me.
GL

Lightdadark

Newly Enlightened
Nice review. I just tried to order one of these from 4Sevens but I couldn't seem to get a CPF coupon code to work. ??

Toppe

Newly Enlightened
I really like this torch and would buy it soon. I just want U2 or U3 bin much more than T6 (like everyone else.) What you think about, is there coming new bins soon? Is thermalprotection same kind that in S12 and easy to "remove"?

ti-force

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bass,

Once again, beautiful images :thumbsup:. Thanks for posting them and allowing me to use them. I'll update post #1 as soon as I have time.

Got Lumens?,

Thank you for your offer, but I already have all the OTF data I need from your light. Again I appreciate your offer very much so.

To everyone,

When I have time I'll start a separate thread to post results of modified S12's and X10's. I'll post a direct link in this thread.

Last edited:

jtice

Flashaholic
Holy crap I wish I could take photos that good, those are amazing.
Seems no matter what I do with my homemade lightbox I am not happy LOL

Claireandtim

Newly Enlightened
I'm really wanting to see the beamshots and a comparison to the S12 beamshot... I've been watching here and YouTube but there isn't much yet. I have an S12 and my X10 should be here tomorrow, if it shows up I'll try to do a beamshot comparison and post results.

ti-force

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like this torch and would buy it soon. I just want U2 or U3 bin much more than T6 (like everyone else.) What you think about, is there coming new bins soon? Is thermalprotection same kind that in S12 and easy to "remove"?

Please see post #33 of this thread for my opinion on the matter.

I'm really wanting to see the beamshots and a comparison to the S12 beamshot... I've been watching here and YouTube but there isn't much yet. I have an S12 and my X10 should be here tomorrow, if it shows up I'll try to do a beamshot comparison and post results.

It's a race between you and Vinhnguyen54 to see who posts beam shots first :D.

Bass,

Post #1 updated with your S12 images. Thanks again :thumbsup:.