51 High-Tech Practical Jokes for the Evil Genius

Status
Not open for further replies.

slo-ryd

Newly Enlightened
Not high tech..... but some of my mechanics put a couple of small cable or "zip" ties around the driveshaft on another co-workers truck. He only made it about a block before returning wide eyed fearing major repair. They make an awful racket when slapping the floorpan, but don't hurt a thing.

To this day, everyone in the shop and even my regular customers call him "Zippy" :D

jugg2

Enlightened
Not high tech..... but some of my mechanics put a couple of small cable or "zip" ties around the driveshaft on another co-workers truck. He only made it about a block before returning wide eyed fearing major repair. They make an awful racket when slapping the floorpan, but don't hurt a thing.

To this day, everyone in the shop and even my regular customers call him "Zippy" :D

I have done that to a few people before, but if you get the BIG zipties (like 1/8" thick X 1/2" wide) it makes it even more interesting.:devil: I put one on a family friend's truck right were it would slap the muffler, he didn't make it 50 yards before he stopped. He obsesses over his truck, so I had to tell him before he passed out...

TOOCOOL

Enlightened
I have done that to a few people before, but if you get the BIG zipties (like 1/8" thick X 1/2" wide) it makes it even more interesting.:devil: I put one on a family friend's truck right were it would slap the muffler, he didn't make it 50 yards before he stopped. He obsesses over his truck, so I had to tell him before he passed out...

We would put small rocks inside hubcaps when I was at collage has a similar effect !

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
We would put small rocks inside hubcaps when I was at collage has a similar effect !
reminds me of a prank i was involved in as a kid.
requires 8 .
4 with big screwdrivers.
4 with pockets full of gravel.
the target was a dayton police cruiser.
at a stoplight 4 of us ran out to the cruiser and popped of its hubcaps then ran in 4 directions.
the rest of us approached the scene offering to put them back on.
we did and added a handfull of gravel to each wheel.
the cop drove it all day like that.funny to hear that one coming down the street and everyone wondering why you are laughing!

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of my coworkers was a practical joker, he would always prank me. I got him good once though... Took a screenshot of his Windows desktop. Then moved all his Windows desktop icons to the Recycle Bin. Then used the screenshot as the new Windows wallpaper.

After it was done, the PC looked like everything was loaded and ready to work. However, when you click on the icons, nothing would happen! He rebooted and rebooted to no avail.

This was back with Win 3.11, with XP you could get a LOT more creative (and harder to solve) with this prank.

jugg2

Enlightened
One of my coworkers was a practical joker, he would always prank me. I got him good once though... Took a screenshot of his Windows desktop. Then moved all his Windows desktop icons to the Recycle Bin. Then used the screenshot as the new Windows wallpaper.

After it was done, the PC looked like everything was loaded and ready to work. However, when you click on the icons, nothing would happen! He rebooted and rebooted to no avail.

This was back with Win 3.11, with XP you could get a LOT more creative (and harder to solve) with this prank.

That is awesome! I'm gonna ask a stupid question here, how do you take a screen shot?

prof

Enlightened
That is awesome! I'm gonna ask a stupid question here, how do you take a screen shot?

Ask the MIS professor (me). Press Print Screen, then go to an image editor, paste it in, then save it.

The joke referenced above is an old favorite of mine, also. Note, however, that messing with other's computers is not a good topic for this thread, as mentioned above. As such, I'll refrain from listing some of the jokes I played in HS in the computer lab...a bit of programming skill can really be interesting!

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a red filter for my E2d. At night you can illuminate the rear reflectors on cars and if you aren't looking my way you can't tell its an external illumination source causing the reflectors to flash. So I wait for people to use their FOBs to lock there cars and when they start to walk away I flash their tail lights and watch them try to figure out why their car is unlocking itself!

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a friend that has his WinXP pC connected directly to his cable modem. I warned him about hacker attacks. He paid no mind. So once while visiting, I plugged in a USB key that I had setup to do a quick quiet install of a remote admin client as well as a dynamic DNS client. Once started up about 10 seconds later, I "OK"'d the windows firewall warning, and all was set. I figured I'd pop in some time and change his wallpaper or something. A few weeks later an opportunity presented itself. I found out that he was at home making cookies. Yeah. Cookies. So later that night I changed his wallpaper to a picture of a big plate of cookies onto which I wrote a friendly little "insult". He was pissed for about a month. He said what pissed him off most was he thought the picture was so funny.

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
51 High-Tech Practical Jokes for the Evil Genius: Index Only

I came back only to find that the original thread was closed. I hope the mods do not mind, but just wanted to post the index of this great book. You solder circuits, resistors, configure switches and the like to acheive the intended effect. That is why I thought it a great fit for CPF. If you have a soldering/desoldering station and some spare time, there are some awfully neat pranks here. Mods can close this thread, no problem. Again, just wanted to post the index for you all to see.

index.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts