• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Acebeam W10vn G2 - 640Kcd Throw King R

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought hotdog was being rhetorical with that one but maybe not. :)

I just looked at about 100 images of Bear Delaware. I've never been there but it looks really pretty!

No, I just didn't want to assume. Sometimes I can be a bit slow though. Hahaha.:laughing:

Pictures can be so deceiving when it comes to tint. G2 looks much more intense than G1. But neither of the tints look to pleasant, at least in the pics. One heck of a light though.

Also, I don't think they will be discontinuing the W10. I don't have any proof, but it doesn't make sense to come out with a G2 and discontinue it so soon after. I think it's just a W30 issue and we will be seeing more LEP lights from Acebeam. This is just speculation though.

Thank for posting all the pics Alex!

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
No, I just didn't want to assume. Sometimes I can be a bit slow though. Hahaha.:laughing:

Pictures can be so deceiving when it comes to tint. G2 looks much more intense than G1. But neither of the tints look to pleasant, at least in the pics. One heck of a light though.

haha.... as you can tell, I was just joking with ya.:laughing: Yes, the pictures aren't very friendly to these LEPs and I've noticed that the tint changes with the range that the hotspot is viewed at. Up close, my W30 looks 4500K due to some chromatic shift around the outside of the hotspot. Shine it as a distance of 50+ meters and it's obvious that it's a 6000+K beam.

busseguy

Enlightened

Also, I don't think they will be discontinuing the W10. I don't have any proof, but it doesn't make sense to come out with a G2 and discontinue it so soon after. I think it's just a W30 issue and we will be seeing more LEP lights from Acebeam. This is just speculation though.

Thank for posting all the pics Alex!

Why would they discontinue one and not the other? I thought they used the same technology and materials just differences in sizing.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Why would they discontinue one and not the other? I thought they used the same technology and materials just differences in sizing.

My guess is they will likely discontinue W10 soon too. I cant get them anywhere right now.

Patriot

Flashaholic
It's a bit sad to witness such a leap in flashlight performance and then see it phased out by a manufacturer who initially made it very easy to attain. I wonder if Olight or Nitecore will produce their own versions or is this technology now unable to come from China?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
It's a bit sad to witness such a leap in flashlight performance and then see it phased out by a manufacturer who initially made it very easy to attain. I wonder if Olight or Nitecore will produce their own versions or is this technology now unable to come from China?

Good question...I too question the fate of LEP. However, I think we are since luxury cars are picking up on this tech. I think we wil benefit from this tech even more when it spread on the market.

SKV89

Enlightened
I was playing with my FW3C turning it on and off and all of a sudden my W10vn G2 turned on by itself. Has anyone ever experienced that? Kind of dangerous with the kind of intensity. Can likely set things on fire. I hope the W30 doesn't do that.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I was playing with my FW3C turning it on and off and all of a sudden my W10vn G2 turned on by itself. Has anyone ever experienced that? Kind of dangerous with the kind of intensity. Can likely set things on fire. I hope the W30 doesn't do that.

W30 has clicky so it cant do that. But wow never heard of a W10vn just turn on...

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
But W10 has the same clicky

Oh yeah. I remember side switch..My fault.
Not sure how a clicky can turn on by itself.
My guess is the clicky was sticking and accidentally activated but just haven't released.

Pöbel

Enlightened
Jetbeam is coming out with 2 LEP lights. I'm confident that Acebeam won't leave the LEP market to Jetbeam & Weltool. I guess either the W10 & W30 will be available again or we will see a W10.3 and W30.2.

daffy

Enlightened
Olight said they have an LEP light in development for 2020 as well.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does everyone's copy have a black dot in the center of the beam? I've had mine since these were released and just like a few weeks ago, I noticed the black dot in the center. That black dot is visible from 3 feet and further. The black dot gets bigger the farther I shine. I don't remember noticing this dot before....or did I just not pay attention? Can someone please confirm. Thanks!
i love this light. Its been on me 5 days a week for work for the last 7 months.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Yep, it's a doughnut and the characteristic is normal.

I can't fully grasp the concept of exactly what's happening there but the optical path has some things in common with a reflector telescope. The little mirror that reflects the laser into the phosphor is right in the optical pathway of the exit light. The reason that I say I don't fully grasp the light geometry, is that some things reduce the doughnut effect. For example, installing the red filter actually reduces the doughnut by about 50-75% !! I ordered a set of 55mm filter lenses for photography, including a neutral density filter. I'm going to experiment with them and see if I can figure out why it is, that when some things are placed in from of the window, the doughnut is reduced. My suspicion is that by placing certain transparent's at certain focal lengths from the window, aspheric or emitting phosphor itself, it's reducing the amount of light on the doughnut edge, rather than increasing the light in the center of the doughnut. In any case, any type of lens or filter added to the system will ultimately reduce intensity, even if the doughnut is corrected. I don't have much hope for a fix, rather it would just be to learn something.