• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Annoucements - Rant - Rave - Complaint - Feedback - Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike9028

Enlightened
Re: Rant - Rave - Complaint - Feedback - Stress Relieve

The only other light I would prefer to see modded is the Fenix RC40, but that light would also require the modding of the battery pack, or turning the battery pack into a carrier.

FYI, My RC40vn just arrived a short time ago via USPS. Vinh upgraded the 4 LEDs to XML2's and bumped up the current on the driver. I cannot wait for it to get dark...Has to be pushing over 5000 Lumens now :devil:

I'm assuming I will lose some battery life but I can't imagine it will be that bad as the battery pack for light was already amazing to begin with. I was getting a 90 min run time on turbo mode with the stock 3500 lumens. Light does not step down either.

Vinh,

Light arrived in perfect condition...even in your recycled box :)

Thank U !!!!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

FYI, My RC40vn just arrived a short time ago via USPS. Vinh upgraded the 4 LEDs to XML2's and bumped up the current on the driver. I cannot wait for it to get dark...Has to be pushing over 5000 Lumens now :devil:

I'm assuming I will lose some battery life but I can't imagine it will be that bad as the battery pack for light was already amazing to begin with. I was getting a 90 min run time on turbo mode with the stock 3500 lumens. Light does not step down either.

Vinh,

Thank U !!!!

Let us know how it goes tonight.

lintonindy

Newly Enlightened

Vinh,

Thank U !!!!

That has got to be an absolute beast! See if you can get any beamshots of that stud of a light! I would like to see a dedomed version of this light after having my TK75vn with dedomed emitters. It would be more lumens and further throw. I couldn't really imagine!

lintonindy

Newly Enlightened

I would also be interested in a BTU down the road a little bit. A very interesting mod possibility. The ones on the other forum are performing with over 400k lux and 4,000 lumens. Simply amazing!

Mike9028

Enlightened

Let us know how it goes tonight.

WOW WOW WOW SPEECHLESS ! ! !

Glad I did not sell this light and let you do this upgrade because this thing is AMAZING! This thing would give the FF4 a run for its money.

Did you see the before and after as well??

I was on the fence about having you dedome but this light already throws far enough and the extra spill is more useful to me then throw. I have your K40vn for that job and your X40vn on order.

I can't wait for to fix my FM Elephant II :)

Excellent work Vinh

Thanks again!

Last edited:

Mike9028

Enlightened

That has got to be an absolute beast! See if you can get any beamshots of that stud of a light! I would like to see a dedomed version of this light after having my TK75vn with dedomed emitters. It would be more lumens and further throw. I couldn't really imagine!

I will get beamshots for you :)

I will try to do it over the weekend.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

:)

WOW WOW WOW SPEECHLESS ! ! !

Glad I did not sell this light and let you do this upgrade because this thing is AMAZING! This thing would give the FF4 a run for its money.

Did you see the before and after as well??

I was on the fence about having you dedome but this light already throws far enough and the extra spill is more useful to me then throw. I have your K40vn for that job and your X40vn on order.

I can't wait for to fix my FM Elephant II :)

Excellent work Vinh

Thanks again!

livinloud

Newly Enlightened

WOW! Just got my K40vn today and wow, just wow! The light is pure amazing! It came very nicely packaged and arrived in two days! Only thing to compare it to is those spot lights outside of events that shine straight into the air and can be seen for miles!

Vinh you have gained a life long customer :D

Grumpy1

Newly Enlightened

Hey Vin , have you ever thought about making a p60 triple with optics? Maybe something crazy like 3 xm-l2. Sure would be cool in a COOLY 26650 :naughty:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Hey Vin , have you ever thought about making a p60 triple with optics? Maybe something crazy like 3 xm-l2. Sure would be cool in a COOLY 26650 :naughty:

NO PCB yet

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still looking for the ultimate SMALLEST single 18650 light ;)
Thought the DQG would be perfect but I like my L2M with twisty zero Rez shorty better still even tho it only takes 18500

ac4e09d5.jpg

79b310e8.jpg

It's got a 2mode 219 SMO in it ATM. . .
Out throws the DD dedomed DQG Vinh helped me with.
Ill probably get an updated module for the L2M soonish- maybe an XPE2 4000-4500K SMO.

I sanded off the ridges on the bezel to make it pocket friendly ;) & used a Surefire tail cap for the shorty zero-res.

I wish 18500s had more capacity tho!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

So many freaking projects I want to do. So little budget!

I kinda miss CPFMP...

Long day at work tomorrow. Night all!

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

rant - rave ... yes vinh makes awesome stuff :rock:

complaint/stress relief? whats this for ? - ive been buying from you for over a year and never had one complaint

1 or two things did have an issue here or there... things do break occasionally... but you took it back right away and gave a full refund

youve got the skills AND good customer service

you deserve to make a truckload of $ :)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

rant - rave ... yes vinh makes awesome stuff :rock:

complaint/stress relief? whats this for ? - ive been buying from you for over a year and never had one complaint

1 or two things did have an issue here or there... things do break occasionally... but you took it back right away and gave a full refund

youve got the skills AND good customer service

you deserve to make a truckload of $ :)

"truckload of $" LOL I just spent 1/2 of the Ring Fund for future projects. And you know my ring fund is not that big.

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast

WOW! Just got my K40vn today and wow, just wow! The light is pure amazing! It came very nicely packaged and arrived in two days! Only thing to compare it to is those spot lights outside of events that shine straight into the air and can be seen for miles!

Vinh you have gained a life long customer :D

What no referral credit :nana:

livinloud

Newly Enlightened

What no referral credit :nana:

Didnt realize one was needed ;) Vinh you can thank IE for turning me towards your direction. I lobe thisn light so much I was afraid to give it to my girlfriend when she asked me for a flashlight while I was testing it out. Was glad when it came back safe :D

TINF

Newly Enlightened

Any chance you would consider offering a high output XML-2 Aspheric with the new Wavien/RLT Collar set?
People are waiting almost a year for their new DEFT-X, which in build Quality and Output truly is exceptional with its > 900kcd, but the wait is long and the Price is above the Budget of many.
Saab makes his DEFT-X based on a dedomed XPG2 , mash.m (Markus) makes another model, the Black Bullet-X , with the same dedomed LED : http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-1-000-000-Lux-Candela&highlight=black+bullet. Both uses the RLT-collar and a 73 or a 78mm asperic lens.
Both Lights are not available/in stock, the wait is probably still long.

The RLT collar/lens is possible to buy directly from Wavien in Kits like these: http://www.wavien.com/shop/cree/rlt-led-kit/
Buying more collars probably gets the Price down.$ 99 for a set is expensive, but should be cheaper if you buy 10 or more. Perhaps buing only the Collars alone is better, as you probably already have the PCB/LEDs.
Just need to find a nice host with a moddable driver,that can fit this kit/collar/aspheric Lens. I think one of the 3 x 18650 Li-Ion Hosts would be great, for long runtime and a nice UI.
One problem is the Bezel beiing to short. The Aspheric Lens will without a longer bezel be the foremost Part of the Light. Makes it a little vulnerable...
I think a "Vinh54" Model of such a high output aspheric, with an XML-2 driven to 6.5 Amp, on a good heatsink, will be able to sell very well! It would represent something not yet available.
A XM-L2 will give a more usable(wider) beam than the XPG2 Versions, although it may perhaps not exceed the magic 1 Mill Kcd with the XM-L2 Led.

Your good reputation here on this Forum would probably allow the Members here to accept this Light to be prepaid, so there should not be big economical risks involved.
Do you think you could offer something like that?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts