Announcing the Eternalight "Derringer"

KenBar

Enlightened
Here are the facts that I am able to mention...
This will be coming soon....

Eternalight Derringer

The eternalight Derringer is a small two white, one red LED light. 2.8" X 2.3" X .7" inches.

It uses 3 AAA batteries.

It has 13 modes of operation.

It is not water resistant but it does have a toolless battery change, can stand on its butt quite well and has a hole for a lanyard.

It should retail for about (very reasonable).

Sorry but these are the only facts that I can speak about. I will update this when they start shipping.

Brock

Flashaholic
Ok, who is going to get them first and how can we pre-order them to be sure we get one? I like the sounds of this.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
PayPal sent!
grin.gif

KenBar

Enlightened
Originally posted by Sigman:
PayPal sent!
grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">LOL!
I have been trying to send PayPal for a month!

Well.... All I can say is.......Nothing.
I really hate teases...but.......I really can't say...Arrrgh!

Perhaps this won't get me in trouble....
IMHO...this is going to be an exciting year for Eternalight. Continue saving your dollars..
smile.gif

Have an extra 300K you would like to invest? $$$$$$$$$$$$

Ken

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ken. Let us know when TA stock is publicly traded. I know I have 300K around here somewhere but I can't find it right now.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ken...how soon before you put a pic on the TechAss website so we can at least "ogle" it!?

PJD

KenBar

Enlightened
Originally posted by PJD:
Ken...how soon before you put a pic on the TechAss website so we can at least "ogle" it!?

PJD
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Sorry..!!
If it were up to me, I would put one in everyone's stocking for Christmas last year! :A)

Soon...I think.

KenBar

Enlightened
Good news.
Things are evidently coming along nicely.
I will post some pictures later. THIS IS A PROTOTYPE. It is from a neutral stock for testing purposes.

All I can say about the FINAL PRODUCTION units is that they will be a more VIRBRANT color.

Some of the details have been edited out.....Sorry again. It will, however, give you a pretty good idea of what is coming. I want to make certain that it is ok to post these...even though it is one of the beta units.

This picture that I will be posting as soon as I can get the pictures up to the server will be of a unit that has been banged around in a pocket for 2 months.

KenBar

Enlightened
OK...Here is a picture...
Remember...this is the proto...plain jane.
FINAL PRODUCTION units will be a more VIRBRANT color.

Also...for reasons to be explained later, you can see a portion that has been edited out.

Next pictures will be showing a view of the back and NEW easy entry battery compartment.

Any guesses as to what the 13 modes of operation are?
smile.gif

Probably IMHO the best thing about this entry is the size/features/quality/price.

This could probably be put in the case at Wallmart with GPS's etc and have a pretty good go at it.

I would almost guarantee that Hammacher will carry it.

Front view of the Derringer

***Edited***
I removed the picture as it was huge...in case of those with slow links. My edit software was not working correctly and I wanted to show the size compared to normal Eternalight.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Ken, Will you have a "Green/White" option available as you do with the Ergo 3 models? That would be GREAT! I gave out PALights this year for the Holidays, looks like "Derringers" are going out this year! Can't wait!!

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please excuse this cynical flashlight reviewer, but...

It looks too big! I had hoped this new Eternalight model would be small and compact. But despite the AAA cells and only 3 LEDs, it looks bigger than the Classic Model 2 light, and kind of bulky for just 3 LEDs.

confused.gif

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to agree with you there Chris. I was hopeing for a light of reduced size, not reduced runtime & light output. :>( Very dissapointing. TX

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was picturing something like the size of a Palight. Unless this is going to be half the price of a Eternalight, then IMHO its nots going to be a favorite around here.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I'm looking at the photo and thinking to myself, "Well it only looks big because of the size of the pic". Then I actually hold my X-ray Elite in my hands to "get a real 'visual'" and see that the top edge of the Derringer's case actually comes up to the top corner of the rubber switchplate on the X-ray. It indeed doesn't "look" like it was reduced in size much. I really feel I would need to hold one in my hand to "know". And as has been stated, maybe price will be a factor?