Announcing the Eternalight "Derringer"

MrEternaLight

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to dissapoint you fellas. The Derringer is our low cost entry item (expect a street price under $25.00). The AAA ergo should be even smaller than the Derringer and will have more lights but will not be any cheaper than our other lights. We felt finishing the Derringer and the MAX made more sense than finishing the other higher end AAA model which does not spread our price/product portfolio any. But that one is definitely coming.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Oooops, with all the "excitement" going on in my head...I was "thinking" that the "Derringer" was the AAA model...thanks for clearing my brain up!

Ok, I'm still on "edge" waiting to know more about the AAA ergo and the MAX! I think the Derringer will still have it's place.

I have to ask again...will there be any chance of having a "Green/White" option on any of these new lights?

KenBar

Enlightened
Here is a picture of the back of it.
Thanks for the clearing up by Mr. Eternalight.

I am always worried about saying more about something than I should!

The Derringer is the perfect light for my wife who is becoming a social flashalcoholic.
smile.gif
She
is looking forward to an alternative for the Pal...which is in her purse at all times.

Back view of the Derringer

Remember that this is a scratched up, banged around in the pocket for 2 months proto.

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh
icon15.gif

Sorry! My fault, I guess. For an AA cell light, and assuming the cost will be noteably lower than the current Model 3s, I`m open to resasoning. And the size doesn`t seem so bad any more. Still Eternalight-shaped, but what can you do?
wink.gif
rolleyes.gif

I`ll try and get one of these when thery`re out, and promise to stay open-minded when I review it.

Yes, I`m the one who ideally wants a flashlight-shaped Eternalight with a simple control for basic dimming/timer functions. But you guys seem to like your moulded plastic phaser-shaped packages so I suppose it wouldn`t be an Eternalight if it were round and machined out of aluminum. I do own 3 of your lights and think they`re pretty good, my only big complaint is that the Ergo case is a bit big. Oh, and they almost require a PhD in computers to operate them
tongue.gif
My Dad hasn`t a clue how to work one.....

Looking forward to seeing that AAA one though.

Please be tiny, please be tiny.....
wink.gif

MrEternaLight

Newly Enlightened
WAIT - let's not get confused here - the Derringer is still an AAA light. And, I must say that while the Derringer is nearly the same dimmensions as the old Classic, it is lighter and it's shape is much more comfortable in the pocket - it also has a lanyard hole which the Classic does not. Big plus, the tooless battery change which the Classic DEFINITELY does not have.

Brock

Flashaholic
Oh, then we need to see some pics of the "AAA ergo"
wink.gif
I thought that's what the Derringer was, now I get it though. This is the entry level light, then is the AAA ergo is the smallest one you will make (currently)? The fog is lifting
smile.gif

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Derringer may be OK for the masses, but you know the crew here on CPF.....price be dammed....give us what we want! (in this case, smaller) ;>) TX

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
We understand. It's sorta like the "brainstorming" process......you throw all the ideas on the table, then pick out what works & what is feasible. TX

MrEternaLight

Newly Enlightened
No, I know what you guys are going to want since you're always way ahead of the crowd. You'll want the MAX in AAA version. See - we think there too, but since it's our money - we have to do things at the pace we can afford too.
smile.gif

Latest posts