Any ExtremeBeam owners care to chime in ?

Chicago X

Enlightened
You want some info, here you go smart a$$...This topic has been discussed at length, and is a dead horse at this point.

I meant nothing negative in my previous post, but you are welcome to take the ball and run with it if you wish.

You know exactly what you typed; don't play dumb now....:thumbsdow

I still have yet to find a single piece of reliable information from you, the linked thread, or the paid review.

One would think that with the THOUSANDS of soldiers and LEOs happy with this light that ONE might care to step forward and opine on how they spent their money.

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Make it your life's mission, to expose the frauds...:thumbsup:

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
You know exactly what you typed; don't play dumb now....:thumbsdow

I still have yet to find a single piece of reliable information from you, the linked thread, or the paid review.

One would think that with the THOUSANDS of soldiers and LEOs happy with this light that ONE might care to step forward and opine on how they spent their money.

I just sent them an email and haven't gotten any kind of reply back yet, nor have I received any rebounded error. We'll see in a few minutes. In the thread that was linked, there are many speculations and suspicions that the lights are (externally) 100% aesthetically identical to the cheaper series of lights we all know and love (hate?), blank*fires. (their m4 scirrako looks JUST like the ultrafire c8, I have the c8 and am tempted to buy the EB just to test. Their claim of 310 voluminous lumens seems to classify the LED somewhere between a Q5 and the R5). I really want to see if that particular light can substantially touch the 1000 feet that they claim, not some half-hearted "eh, I have a 100 lux out here, but hey, I'm still lighting stuff up". However, I REALLY do not want to drop $50.00 on something that might be a potential dud, but sometimes we may have to take one for the team; maybe you could all drop some money into my empty paypal account so we can call this a collective investigation? ;)

Chicago X

Enlightened
.... but sometimes we may have to take one for the team; maybe you could all drop some money into my empty paypal account so we can call this a collective investigation? ;)

I think that's a spectacular idea - spread the pain around.

PM me with your info, and I'll contribute.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Continued from Here.
I sent them an inquiry. First email goes thru just fine. No response in two days. I send another email same address and cc info@EB. First address bounces, second one goes thru:ironic:.
Then the following day I get a response from the email that bounced, head of South American division of EB.
We are not considering taking on your account at this time :shrug:. Very personal reply.
Kind of ironic though as the replies signiture was full of links and signitures associated with the
Exxon corporation lighting division:thinking:. Anyone affiliated with Exxon Lighting USA care to comment?

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it odd that an international company would spend money to advertise here to potential customers, then not comment on questions and concerns that are raised?
Why the changes to thier site, after comments that were made here?
*note my personal beliefs, thoughts, and annalogies that would really drive home my questions made will not be posted as they will get moderated*
GL

StarHalo

Flashaholic
A search for anything relating the Exxon corporation to lighting turns up only websites of lighting vendors who have provided services for Exxon events - if Exxon had a lighting division, they'd light their own events. I would posit that the reference of the corporation in the e-mail you received is sited in the same spirit as the other organizations EB mentions.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
A search for anything relating the Exxon corporation to lighting turns up only websites of lighting vendors who have provided services for Exxon events - if Exxon had a lighting division, they'd light their own events. I would posit that the reference of the corporation in the e-mail you received is sited in the same spirit as the other organizations EB mentions.

Signiture as received:

Regional Sales Director
North Africa Division
ExtremeBeam Intenational
Exxon Patroleum Lighting
Exxon Corporation
www.exxon.com

:confused:

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that's a spectacular idea - spread the pain around.

PM me with your info, and I'll contribute.

It would be great to get a few more people onboard first, I'm going to PM the legendary selfbuilt to see what he has been up to and if he is up for a review first, lol. I wouldn't be able to do a very technical review, as I lack the proper utilities to do so. The most I could possibly do is check the lux and amps, and maybe compare it to a few of the lights I have in operation, fit and finish, etc. Just a preliminary thought, Which of the lights should we do IF our collaboration can fall through? Im a tad strapped for money at the moment, so I was thinking cheaper is better. Basically the cheapest yet most glorified light I saw was the M4 Scirrako for 50$. Considering it looks so much like the Ultrafire c8 I already have running an xml, I thought that might be a good comparison. Based on the pictures alone, however, I definitely think that the knurling is more aggressive, and the finish is generally tougher (possibly a type 3 vs a matte type 2 on ultrafire. another difference I noticed in the photo is a double oring seal vs the UF single. Based solely on what I see in the photos, i do believe that the materials used in the EB will make for a much more durable light, but we must still send it through a baptism of tests, mainly to validate or dispell EB'S stupendous claims; This brings us full circle to the individual who will review this particular light. Considering we have *subwoofer*, who already reviewed a more expensive light from EB, we have somewhat of a basis as to what we should expect, even from a more budget-oriented light.

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic

This is rapidly approaching "Nigerian Prince E-mail" magnitude..

#1. What are we still doing up at this unGodly hour? >.<
#2. At least it's phonetically correct with a native accent. I would know :p
#3. Would you like to contribute to the Extremebeam Gauntlet fund? :D
#4. What ARE we still doing up at this unGodly hour??

1. It's midnight on this coast
2. But if someone in a corporation tiped like that, they be phired.
3. Phuck no.
4. This story gets more entertaining with every new iteration/thread..

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is rapidly approaching "Nigerian Prince E-mail" magnitude..

1. It's midnight on this coast
2. But if someone in a corporation tiped like that, they be phired.
3. Phuck no.
4. This story gets more entertaining with every new iteration/thread..
Indeed. You, kind friend, just made my morning. But if you DO change your mind about the Gauntlet fund, I assure you that as tue crown prince of all of Africa, the money will go to me because I need it. All joking aside though, I do think it would be great to see first/secondhand if these things hold a candela to their claims.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I should be more specific about #3 - it's a perfectly noble thing if you want to obtain a copy of the light for review, but be aware that we've had manufacturers who were previously present on CPF and interactive and helpful suddenly disappear with no explanation and no refunds for those who placed orders. This manufacturer is not only not present, but appears to be unsure where he is located or who he does business with; it would be a risky purchase to say the least. Totally your decision though, I will gladly peruse any information you obtain..

vickers214

Enlightened
I will chip in a few dollars to the light if required, if you get enough interest pm me and let me know fyi I'm a police officer and don't know anyone with an eb

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I unwittingly purchased their tac-24 a year ago and was very disappointed. They claimed it could throw 330 meters. It was obviously designed for throw as it had a small hotspot with mediocre spill. It was lucky to reach 220 yds as opposed to the claimed 330 meters. Supposedly, the light could also focus the spot with the twist of it's head. That feature was visually nonexistent. The tac had MSRP of over $300, however I was able to get it for around $170 (the xt8 can be had for $80). I'm sure you could find a light find a light that could putperform the tac-24 for under 80. Luckily, I was able to get a full refund for mine. I guess there is a reason why I've never found a review for any of the extreme beam lights.

This second quote is referring to an sx-21.

My mag x50 has only 104 lumens but it blows away the extreme beam . So now i have a Fenix TK 15 ordered to replace the Extreme .

These are the only two I've ever found on CPF records. Although the thread which the second one was in mysteriously disappeared within a couple of hours of me linking to it in the extremebeam xt8 review thread. As of now the thread which the first quote is from is still visible.

Last edited:

Chicago X

Enlightened
If that was a copy/paste, they are digging deep.

Good detective work RF-UK. I'll PM the poster you quoted.