Any ExtremeBeam owners care to chime in ?

indychris

Newly Enlightened
Signiture as received:

Regional Sales Director
North Africa Division
ExtremeBeam Intenational
Exxon Patroleum Lighting
Exxon Corporation
www.exxon.com

:confused:

I'm thinking that maybe there's an Exxon Mobile employee in the Middle East/North Africa region that is sidelining in the Extreme Beam 'business'.

That's the only thing that would make sense to me…
mathews_dontknow.gif

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
I should be more specific about #3 - it's a perfectly noble thing if you want to obtain a copy of the light for review, but be aware that we've had manufacturers who were previously present on CPF and interactive and helpful suddenly disappear with no explanation and no refunds for those who placed orders. This manufacturer is not only not present, but appears to be unsure where he is located or who he does business with; it would be a risky purchase to say the least. Totally your decision though, I will gladly peruse any information you obtain..

LOL, I naturally assumed that your #3 response was indirectly directed towards EB for their lack of initiative and at your collective frustration with prior experiences, so no harm no foul :) That reason you mention about people dissappearing with money is exactly why I haven't PM'd people with my paypal stuff just yet, I'm still trying to get in touch with EB first to make sure that they haven't vegged out...

Norm

Retired Administrator
These are the only two I've ever found on CPF records. Although the thread which the second one was in mysteriously disappeared within a couple of hours of me linking to it in the extremebeam xt8 review thread. As of now the thread which the first quote is from is still visible.
Your second thread is right here.

Norm

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for that Norm. I don't understand why the original link has suddenly stopped working though still? Also the google result for it still comes up blank when it is clicked on.

Good to know that it wasn't removed though.

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you guys are on to something, keep up the good work.....Stay diligent.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can almost hear the drips of sarcasm splashing against your keyboard..

Seriously, I get why you think it's no big deal, I shouldn't really be putting so much of my time into it (if any) as it's not ever really going to affect me. But when the current alternative is trying to grasp how experimental inferential statistical analyses such as ANOVA/ANCOVA etc are actually underpinned algebraically by the same linear regression equations as the seemingly disparate statistical tests used by correlational researchers, such as spearman's rank order correlation and pearson's product moment correlation etc, while at the same time being expected to be getting a grasp of the specific nuances and functional implications of this on the possible usage of such tests, while also realising that this is only a small portion of half of one of three exams (with the other two being almost irrelevant and often as specific and technical in terms of topic to this one) then I think you will start to understand how this armchair detective work can at times seem a little more interesting form of procrastination.

Anyway, what harm can uncovering some truth do to anyone that hasn't done something to deserve it?

Plus, I think contributing to a relatively technical forum helps my essay writing technique. ;)

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Redforest, I'm currently reading a fantastic book called Freakonomics I think you'd find quite interesting. Check it out.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys, I'm actually not doing a maths/economics based course, which is why all this theoretical statistics seems so alien to me.

I did take a look at that book though and it does look very interesting, but unfortunately I won't be able to pass it off as 'background reading', so it'll have to wait until after exams.

Anyway, back on topic from here on in. Although this isn't even the topic that I should be on at all, so hopefully there will be a notable absence of me in any of these threads for the next month or so. Somehow I doubt it though..

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyway, what harm can uncovering some truth do to anyone that hasn't done something to deserve it?

Plus, I think contributing to a relatively technical forum helps my essay writing technique. ;)

I completely agree on both counts...

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
Hi guys, I just got a response from EB after I requested an electronic or physical catalog, and they politely referred me to their website. I apologize for my lack of "avocados", but I no longer think I will try and vindicate their lights. Thanks to hazna's earlier post, I found their M4 Scirrako on b&hphoto's website. B&hphotos' posted runtimes are 4 hours high and 7 on low with the INCLUDED cr123 cells, whereas EB's site claims 7 high, 12 low. Based purely on my logic and conjecture, EB is not including fine print on their website. I'm thinking that the longer runtimes may be on two 18650's, yet still managing to achieve the higher output because of the >6volt voltage. Also, the shipping is at least 3$ less on BHphoto's website. The photo on BH matches EB in the sense that the light visually appears to be HA-III anodized, and appears much tougher than my UF c8. Granted that EB is indirectly selling them on U.S. soil, I will give them a benefit of the doubt as to the quality of their lights, but I am no longer willing to collect and shell out money for a product that has so many incongruities with their claims and specifications ALONE. As an afterthought, I do not doubt their claims that 99.99% of armed forces approve or prefer this light, because they never stated how many people they interviewed (Having worked for a market research company for some time, I assure you that there are "screenings" and "qualifiers" which weed out interviewees who are may be favorable to advance the company's image. For example, the very first qualifier may be "does this light look like something you would use in the field, yes = continue no = terminate, etc. Questions are leading towards favorable answers while seeming unbiased. Anyways...). While their lights may definitely be of higher caliber than the *****fire "knockoffs", their advertising and claims are definitely lacking in specificity. Ultimately, since I gather that the main purpose of this thread is to either validate or debunk EB's outrageous claims and NOT to beat on their quality, I speculate that their advertising lacks the specifics to qualify their light for proper and honest consideration. In other words, what you see is what you get ONLY if you do it a certain way, and we are not here to tell you how to do it unless you buy it first. Sadly, I am extremely disappointed (yet not surprised) that EB did not even bother to include fine print about their claims. False advertising it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank You DC38.
Based upon my research and emails to EB, I will not be persueing any further in support or to debunk any of EB advertising clams. In my opinion, they retail a $40 light for much more than it's worth. Given the advantages of a better build and quality over a ****fire light, it just does not justify the price they are asking for them. It is good to see that they have a reputable dealer in the US. I wish EB all the luck in marketing thier lights. Just to have it known, I was affiliated with a differnet CN manufacturer in the past, and have grown to realize that integrity, honesty, and transparency goes much farther than not doing so. We will see if EB can keep it that way. It would be really great if they could just reply here, as they are also a CPF member.
GL

Bachac88

Newly Enlightened
Just spent two hours writing a review of newly acquired M4 Scirrako and when I clicked "Submit" it bombed me out. I've posted before with no problems. Don't know why this happened. Now I've lost all my work even with the "auto saved" note popping up all of the time. Tired now though. Hope I can repost.

Bachac88

Newly Enlightened
Oh by the way forgot to mention that the LED in this M4 looks exactly the same as a cheapie other Chinese made flashlight I had claiming to be a Cree XPG or XRE could not remember which. That light claimed 150 lumens, with 3 AAA but was more around 90 lumens, comparison to others.

Bachac88

Newly Enlightened
Darn forgot one other thing check out this link. Scroll down a bit. This looks like the M4 with the specs I estimated which are below the spec put forward by extreme beam.

Please do not link to sales sites - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

Bachac88

Newly Enlightened
Ok guys I was censored but i found a site that listed a picture and description of a flashlight is the spitting image of the M4 Scirrako. The specs are lower, matching what I originally estimated in my lost review, and there is a five mode switch rather than the 3 mode that ExtremeBeam offered. You can buy the flashlight by the case and they would put you logo on for free. Judging by the low budget screen print of the logo on the unit I got, I'm almost sure this was the unit used to be sold as the Scirrako. Also the Scirrako is drilled for and circuited for an 18650 for voltages between 3.7 and 8 volts.

my#1hobby

Enlightened
Ok guys I was censored but i found a site that listed a picture and description of a flashlight is the spitting image of the M4 Scirrako. The specs are lower, matching what I originally estimated in my lost review, and there is a five mode switch rather than the 3 mode that ExtremeBeam offered. You can buy the flashlight by the case and they would put you logo on for free. Judging by the low budget screen print of the logo on the unit I got, I'm almost sure this was the unit used to be sold as the Scirrako. Also the Scirrako is drilled for and circuited for an 18650 for voltages between 3.7 and 8 volts.
I think we all figured this was the case with EB. I also haven't seen their banner ads on CPF anymore. :thinking: