any gamers ?

naiter

Newly Enlightened
I've lost years playing World of Warcraft and Call of Duty games.
I don't want the time back, i just want a vanilla WOW server untouched by expansions with my old gear on it, with enough people to PVP the low levels.

Currently on a break away from gaming, which has ended up making me buy more flashlights...

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Literally, just had my new gaming computer installed. But what a freaking headache! So many issues with iBuyPower. Never again. Not worth it.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
real gaming computers are built. Just saying :nana:

Mine was built . . . with a defective video card that would have been obvious had they simply tested it before they shipped it out. Couple of other issues as well, but that was the main one. Thankfully I know a freelance computer programmer who used to work for Microsoft. Makes a lot more money freelance though. He was the one who installed a new video card into the computer. Not quite as good as the one that came with the computer (if it wasn't defective obviously). But he assured me the one he put in works well with games. I believe him. I had an earlier issue with iBuyPower. Called up their tech. support. OMG, the guy who picked up the phone after half an hour of waiting was zero help. I went to Radio Shack. I'm no fan of Radio Shack. But must admit that the employee there was very helpful in helping me to find what I needed.

I learned my lesson, never buy anything important, online. I needed a new computer. Figured I'd buy a gaming computer and kill two birds with one stone. A good idea actually. But I should have either gone to a B&M shop, or gotten someone I know to build it for me.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I built my computer ~2 years ago, got a new graphics card last summer, and I might get a second card this year. I've helped a few friends build computers too, usually around $400-$700 and usually for gaming.

Been playing Dishonored and Spirak Knights lately. Both fun games, from very different genres. Have yet to finish Borderlands 2, and got quite a few more games to work through. Those Steam sales are really increasing the number games I've got to play though, not that that's a problem...

Pacman DX is very fun on the PS3.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
The last time I was "a gamer" was during the Quake and Duke3D days. But recently I picked up World of Tanks and I've been way too unproductive since.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I'm considering picking up a copy of Fallout 3 for my PC.

I know, it's not the latest one. But I haven't played it. Looks interesting. Without giving away any spoilers, what do you guys think of it in general?

H-Man

Enlightened
Mine was built . . . with a defective video card that would have been obvious had they simply tested it before they shipped it out. Couple of other issues as well, but that was the main one. Thankfully I know a freelance computer programmer who used to work for Microsoft. Makes a lot more money freelance though. He was the one who installed a new video card into the computer. Not quite as good as the one that came with the computer (if it wasn't defective obviously). But he assured me the one he put in works well with games. I believe him. I had an earlier issue with iBuyPower. Called up their tech. support. OMG, the guy who picked up the phone after half an hour of waiting was zero help. I went to Radio Shack. I'm no fan of Radio Shack. But must admit that the employee there was very helpful in helping me to find what I needed.

I learned my lesson, never buy anything important, online. I needed a new computer. Figured I'd buy a gaming computer and kill two birds with one stone. A good idea actually. But I should have either gone to a B&M shop, or gotten someone I know to build it for me.
Gaming computers need to built for this reason. Fry's will price match online prices, and a computer is an overpriced lego set in terms of difficulty to assemble.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Gaming computers need to built for this reason. Fry's will price match online prices, and a computer is an overpriced lego set in terms of difficulty to assemble.

Yup. In all honesty, I didn't know that before placing my order with iBuyPower.

H-Man

Enlightened
Yup. In all honesty, I didn't know that before placing my order with iBuyPower.
It is a learning process.
I'll cut to bottom line: If I knew about overclock.net before building my current computer I would have done a lot of stuff different. (Current computer is 3.5 years old, it replaced a dieing computer.)
Everybody needed help eating at one point, no need to worry about what you know you don't know, it is what you don't know that you don't know that gets you; you can learn quick enough.

Last edited:

Psode27

Newly Enlightened
Ah what a first post right? COD on PS3. Name is blinkybill04. I'm not awesome but I love it! It's brainless to just shoot people and listen to people run their mouths. I guess I'm easily amused!

Sent from my fat fingered iPhone using Tapatalk

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Currently playing Borderlands 2(PS3) :twothumbs

Lost the last several nights of my life to this game, just like with the first one; it's nice to play a game that's clearly been updated by the people who love it and not some sort of committee.

Highly recommended if you like the idea of Zelda with guns, infinite guns..

ibcRlji67H8wha.jpg

Latest posts