any gamers ?

Patriot

Flashaholic
I have PC emulators for all the ancient consoles i've had over the years. I like Battlefield 1942 with the desert combat mod.

Dude, do you know how rare that is now!? I started out on DC and purchased 1942 just in order to play it. I was a "hot dog" and rated #30 something for a while, based on the stats from....Battletracks or Battletracker...forgot the name. Battlefield tracks perhaps. Yeah, anyhow it's been a while. That mod was way ahead of it's time.

I went straight from that to BF2 and have pretty much limited myself to that while actual online gaming. It has a lot of typical EA quirks but overall it's solid and I love the teamwork. Dice of course were the guys who did the DC mod.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe the site was called "BFtracks." I never played DC, but I played Forgotten Hope for a while (and still do occasionally). It is a lot more fun than normal BF1942... It has literally hundreds of weapons and vehicles. The tank projectiles fire more or less where you aim the tank site, and they don't seem like they are going 30 mph anymore. It also only takes 1 rifle shot to kill someone, and the guns are actually in the theatres that they are supposed to be in (no K98 for for the japanese). I would suggest giving it a try; at least one of the 64 player servers is close to full during the day in the US(since most of the people who play it now are European).

I skipped straight to battlefield 2142, which I also find fun every now and then.

Egsise

Banned
Online games are the only way for me.

Day Of Defeat
Day Of Defeat source
Travian(played for 1½ years and never never again)
Navy Field EU

burgessdi

Newly Enlightened
Used to play Runescape but I got too competitive (made it to level 136 and my RS page had 12,000 views) It just got crazy with people begging for "phr33 stoofs plox!" and I couldn't play without being mobbed so I quit. I do log in once every 2 weeks to say howdy to old friends and relatives....

Now I just play Mafia stuff on facebook :naughty: It's so much fun doing missions and icing people! :twothumbs

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
And when you are finished, there will be cake..

portalcube.jpg

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Oh no, I can't look at that! I swore of sweets for 30 more days!!! :mecry::mecry:

Both the protagonist and antagonist of that game (the one offering the cake and the player character going for it) are female..

Though a little cake wouldn't hurt the protagonist/player..

portalmirror2.jpg

Databyter

Enlightened
I had 2 accounts of the original Everquest for years.

The problem with EQ was however that it is part of Sony's marketing strategy to encourage users to buy the new expansions by making all the equipment and acomplishments in the old expansions obsolete and worthless.

After a few years of regaining ground I already had I jumped off the grind treadmill suffering only some bruises.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
My brother-in-law has down syndrome, so he and I spend a few hours together every Saturday night playing his games. The last one we conquered was Ironman for Wii. He is certainly more talented with the controller skills, I just help him through the levels with the problem solving and reading the instructions. The camera control was really a challenge for that game.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Video game alternative art

Super Mario Brothers
mushroomkingdom.jpg

Grand Theft Auto IV
1273472571988.png

Portal
1271726685130.jpg

Pong
1270525826204.gif

Sonic/Pac-Man
1270514552539.gif

Zelda
6a00bf76d0a9b7438300e39.jpg

Tetris
tetrisworkshop800.jpg

Nintendo games
nintendo800.jpg

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Got my copy of Red Dead Redemption at a midnight launch party a couple of hours ago; I can already see what all the hype is about, it's a very unique game with a lot of "feel" to it.. riding a horse is a blast, you ride up to a short obstacle thinking it'll stop and it jumps over on its own accord (and if you spur it too frequently, it bucks you off!). I got to hunt some deer earlier, the shooting physics are amazing. And this map sure does seem massive..

carrot

Flashaholic
Got my copy of Red Dead Redemption at a midnight launch party a couple of hours ago; I can already see what all the hype is about, it's a very unique game with a lot of "feel" to it.. riding a horse is a blast, you ride up to a short obstacle thinking it'll stop and it jumps over on its own accord (and if you spur it too frequently, it bucks you off!). I got to hunt some deer earlier, the shooting physics are amazing. And this map sure does seem massive..
I'm really on the fence about this one. On one hand I really want to see what the hype is all about, but on the other hand I've never been a fan of sandbox games, never mind the 100 hours I spent in GTA4 and its expansions...

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I'm really on the fence about this one. On one hand I really want to see what the hype is all about, but on the other hand I've never been a fan of sandbox games, never mind the 100 hours I spent in GTA4 and its expansions...

The game's nickname, "GTA with horses" is technically correct, it's the same format and simplicity of interface, but with some added elements that were missing from the GTA series; your character now has the ability to interact with anyone/everyone, for example, and of course working with horses and old west weapons adds some interesting challenges. It's very artfully done and integrated though (your character keeps track of time with an old-world pocket watch, for example), you definitely get the sense that the designers wanted this to be on par with an Oscar-class western movie. It has an immersive feel, more so than the previous GTAs, with its dusty trails, how clear the night sky is, the way your character occasionally swats a mosquito, etc. And I definitely agree with some of the early reviews that note the voice acting is a level above previous offerings, Rockstar hired some top-shelf talent this time.

So if you liked any of the GTAs, this is the newest and best "version" so far..

Last edited:

fugleebeast

Newly Enlightened
Diablo II
Ultima Online for a year and a half.
Everquest for over 3 years. I actually wrote a short blog post about EQ about 2.5 years ago. (http://apathyball.blogspot.com/search?q=everquest)
Flyff for a month (Ha! What a horrible game.)
WoW for a year and a half.

This thread actually motivated me to put up an avatar. My Epic Quest reward in Everquest. Yes, it's geeky, but it was such a pain in my *** to get that I'm still proud of it :thumbsup:

I can't do online role playing games anymore. I get addicted to them and will play 40+ hours a week. Unfortunately, since I still go to work, that means I'm usually up till 3am playing and life eventually starts to suffer :whistle:

I take care of the fixes by playing stand alone RPGs like Fallout 3. I can geek out on them hardcore for 2 weeks and then I'm done. My wife allows me my little "moments". That and co-op games such as Modern Warfare 2. There's nothing better than hanging out with a buddy, drinking lots of beer, and killing digital things.

Oh, and iPhone games help to keep the insanity at bay...slightly.

StarHalo

Flashaholic

If you are a PC or Mac gamer, you can download the full version of Portal FREE from now until May 24th. It's a giveaway from the game service Steam, so it's 100% legit and safe.

And for those who haven't heard/looked into it, Portal is an instant classic video game that won virtually every video game award that exists; it is easily on par with Pac-Man or Tetris, and definitely nets my highest recommendation if you haven't tried it yet, even if you only occasionally tinker with a small game now and then.

Click here for your copy: http://store.steampowered.com/freeportal/