Any news about Fenix TK40?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: TK40 (Fenix): Anyone handle it at Shot or otherwise?

The need the voltage for the higher Vf of the LED?

Marduke

Flashaholic

The need the voltage for the higher Vf of the LED?

It depends on how they wire it. The Vf for each individual die is the same as the XR-E, but there are 4 of them and you have the choice with the MC-E of how to connect them. You have series, parallel, or 2S2P (combo).

Grog

Enlightened

The Surge was a 8xAA light and was not overly huge, I see this being the same. How many of the surefire Kool-Aid drinkers drool over the M6, how many 123s does that use? (so it's not tiny either).

As someone who has over 100 AA eneloops (and now 16 AAAs) I am looking forward to the TK40. I also have four 4xAA chargers that I use along with a few more still in the package (all identical models).

unique

Enlightened

Are people 100% sure it will be 8 batteries or is that what is just rumoured?

Toaster

Enlightened

There's some info on the TK40 in this video demo of Fenix products at SHOT. Fast forward to 2:30 for stuff on the TK40. From what I could gather it will be shipping with M bin MCE sometime in March. 8 modes of operation. Looks like:

Head tightened
Lvl 1 - 200 lumens
Lvl 2 - ???
Lvl 3 - 630 lumens

Head loosened
Lvl 1 - 20 lumens (100 hours run time)
Lvl 2 - ???
Lvl 3 - ???
Lvl 4 - ???
Lvl 5 - Strobe

Final output numbers will most likely be different since they are upgrading the emitter bins from the demo model. Head appears larger than I thought it to be from the earlier picture. The rep seemed to imply it's a very good thrower as well. Can't wait till March :popcorn:

Edit - I see link was posted while I was typing :p

StriderSMF

Newly Enlightened

I already have a 3dcell maglight with the Seoul p7 that puts out more light than that.doesnt excite me 8 battery's geez no thanks i will keep loving my PD30 P3D and LOD for awhile and my HID spotlights to.Thats a step backwards in my opinion.:thumbsdow

rumack

Enlightened

What light is that on 3:26?

That is the L0D. I thought Fenix had discontinued the L0D and replaced it with the LD01. I would swear the black finish version was gone from 4Sevens the other day but it's there now. Maybe they found a few more?

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thats what im talking about 8 Levels baby , really just need a low med high and turbo but sweet that i can conserve the 8aa with lower outputs :twothumbs

med 50 hours lets say is plenty good

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

that thign looks massive in the video....woah...

but the hotspot doesnt look too tight. It will be interesting to see how ot compares to the Tiablo ACE....

Crenshaw

glockbob

Newly Enlightened

I thought that Fenix rep did a nice job of demo-ing the different fenix lights. I just ordered 8 Eneloop rechargeable AA batterys, now I just have to wait for the $150.00 TK40.

Before I found CPF i was strictly a Surefire guy. Now I'm buying all these lights, from: Fenix, Eagletac, Wolf Eyes. Damn CPF.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, no super low...and has that blinky mode. Still, this will be my next light. 20 lumen for 100 hours...not bad.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, no super low...and has that blinky mode. Still, this will be my next light. 20 lumen for 100 hours...not bad.

If they put 16 cells in it, you could get the 20 lumen for 200 hours... :shakehead

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast

A lot of people have wanted the Princeton Tec Surge to come out with an led version. The problem was making an 8aa light worthwile with leds in a plastic body. I think the TK40 may just be exactly what these people were hoping for.

Status
Not open for further replies.