Any oldschool folk here from 10+ years ago?

autogiro

Enlightened
I miss the Marketplace, it's where I got started in this racket. I only came over here because of it closing up. I have lurked over here since 2006.
Auto

Last edited:

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still around! June 2006. Still buying 2006 lights too! [emoji16] but upgrading them with modern led.

Last edited:

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
This year is my 10 year anniversary!
I'm going to have to find a way to celebrate this evening...
So about these random M6's that you have laying around. Love to see them, and hear more about the polished lights!

FulgensLux

Newly Enlightened
Member from 2007 here (though I was always more of a lurker than a poster), though I haven't been at all active in the last few years (bought a Zebralight SC52 and couldn't justify any more lights, so I forced myself to stop looking at the forum so as not to feed the addiction). I just logged in the last couple of days to get a sense of what has happened in the past few years, as I have moved—now in earthquake country—and wanted some extra AA/AAA lights for around the house in case of power outages/earthquakes. Yay for excuses! (Got a grabbag of ten L3 lights from sbflashlights for $88, which seemed an ideal deal for me; now eagerly awaiting what lights I actually get). It seems the forum is a lot quieter than it used to be, and that there haven't been that many flashlight developments in the past few years. (Heck, many models from when I las was active in 2014/2015 are still in production and their threads are still at the top.) In the old days, there was so much progress so fast, it was really fun to watch. Plus there weren't all the Chinese makers doing the nice work they do now and responding to demand, so the modding scene here was really active and amazing fun to read. Heck, I remember looking up reviews of all the models on the Ledmuseum website--right when the first high-flux emitters were starting to come out. The first lights I bought as a flashaholic were a CMG Infinity Ultra and a CMG Reactor 3 (one of the first lights to have a Luxeon Star LED, I think the Reactor was the first affordable one, interestingly they used the batwing emitter with an optic); I still have the Reactor 3—it's is a good emergency light and drains alk batteries quite fully (no regulation at all, just a in-line resistor--imagine that now in a light retailing around the $40 range!), and has one of the most bizarre operating mechanisms of any flashlight since released (though not complex, unlike the two Liteflux's I own).

Last edited:

Burgess

Flashaholic
April 2006 for me.

I've learned * SO MUCH *
from the wonderful people on CPF !

:twothumbs

lovecpf
_

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been a member since May of 2006.

LED technology has changed a lot in the past 13+ years. It has been fun keeping up with the advancements. It is even more exciting to use new LEDs in classic lights.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure I count as old school compared to some of the people I remember when I joined but I'm still around!

YAK-28

Enlightened
still here, looking ,reading and buying since 2005. last purchase klarus xt21x, love it. remember national flashlight day...
happy holidays

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I first came to this site in 2008. If that's old-school then I want life to slow down.