Any oldschool folk here from 10+ years ago?

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
*waves hand*

I have a confession to make:

I hadn't turned on a flashlight in a very, very, very long time...so I pulled my special red nightlight out—

Streamlight Night Com—

and placed it beside my pillow where it belongs.

I recently picked up some 90+ CRI bulbs and with September here, am thinking about lights once again.

It's great to see so many familiar faces!

Just seeing the avatars and tag lines and signatures is nostalgic in and of itself.
Most of my lights are far from here but there are still some I'd never part with, one or two with me now in a hiking pack and the rest stored safely away or catching dust in a sunbeam (but still quite safe from the dreaded Alka-Leaks!)

*friends don't let friends use Alkalines

kashmir

Newly Enlightened
:wave: I see a lot of members in this thread that I "grew up with" over the years! I still check in just about daily.

nbp

Flashaholic
*waves hand*

I have a confession to make:

I hadn't turned on a flashlight in a very, very, very long time...so I pulled my special red nightlight out—

s

Wh... what do you do in the dark then? [emoji47]

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Over the years, my Flashaholicism has morphed and changed but never gone away:

1) All my lamps are using the warm white GE Relax bulbs and I have some 90CRI bulbs by a different company still in the box

2) I have three 3W (I think?) thrift store LED lights on goosenecks pointed to the ceiling in my bedroom, office, and living room; all three are on remote receivers triggered by a singular remote control that lives in my bed (the remote eats dead skin cells and dreams for fuel)

3) I have a special 3xAA LED lantern with an 80CRI LED sitting in a battery box with a giant LiFePO4 bank for power outages/it came in handy last winter when I lost power after a wind storm

4) My dad and I assembled an AC photocontroller to an outlet; I have some LED candles and dummy battery adapters (which stunk of cigarettes upon arrival...grumble, grumble...but are presently being remediated) to turn those candles on at dusk

So, even though I don't grab my lights as often, I've never forgotten about the hobby, and, actually, come to think of it, may need to post a "WTB" for a couple things. ;-)

Ah, the path that never ends...

Last edited:

JJV

Newly Enlightened
I haven't been here in a few years. I have no idea why I decided to log in tonight. I joined in May of 2008. So only semi-old-timer.

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still snooping around.
Just ordered a few flashlights for an upcoming trip. Definitely overwhelmed with the information and new lights out, but it's a good problem.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sometimes I'll go for LONG stretches without posting, but I've been here for a minute or two.