Anyone know of an edc made this way?

tdsj81

Newly Enlightened
Hi sort of new here "again" had an account years ago and can't remember the username. But I've been on the hunt for a flashlight that has as many features as I'm looking for. Or at least the necessary ones.

The must haves is
1. being very small
Like the rovyvon a8 or the boruit V3
2. Having a low power consumption aux led that flashes when not in use "to be able to locate it in the dark"
3. Rechargeable

The "I'd like to have but not necessary
1. Magnetic
2. Clip
3. Glow in the dark body

I have an emisar d4v2 which has everything except the glow in the dark body but it's to big to carry around at my job comfortably. So anyone know the perfect fit for me? I'm not too concerned about price. A flashlight is only good if you have it with you and can find it. So I'm willing to pay a premium.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230411_090224_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230411_090224_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot_20230411_085931_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230411_085931_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot_20230411_085609_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230411_085609_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot_20230411_085852_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230411_085852_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 71

tdsj81

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys. Unfortunately I feel the 18350 flashlight would be too chunky. And the rovyvon I wish would fit the bill but the tritium is just too dim for my old eyesight. I'm guessing there might not be a light to fit my needs without someone custom making me one
kr4 with 18350 tube
I have a titanium Rovyvon A24 (first gen) with two installed green tritium vials I can sell.

Small form factor, has a clip, tritium for nighttime locating, rechargeable.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aux led takes size due to the driver. so that throws small out as an option. Then you need someone to program a beacon mode, which takes size too.

Glow in the dark body is only temporary so not sure that's a feature that'll be beneficial

tdsj81

Newly Enlightened
Aux led takes size due to the driver. so that throws small out as an option. Then you need someone to program a beacon mode, which takes size too.

Glow in the dark body is only temporary so not sure that's a feature that'll be beneficial
Any idea of any modders that can program a beacon? I agree aux takes up space but didn't know if it could be done with 1 single color aux to cut back on space needed. I just don't know anyone personally to hack this over with to find out what they can work with for example using like the boruit V3 with the clear body and adding a beacon to it I'd be very happy with that or adding a beacon in the switch area so it can protrude a little that way since it would be easier than extending the body of the light.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are ready made led (3 mm, 5 mm) with a chip, letting them flash, when power is applied.
Maybe You have someone around to "mount" (solder) a suitable in, when You have a light that does all the rest?

Glow in the dark: get high illuminating glow powder, add a white layer around the light, at some protected place. While the paint is still a bit fluid/sticky, put the powder onto. Let dry. Add a layer of clear paint.
... will possibly not win beauty contests, but will do what You want.

3_gun

Enlightened
Emisar D2 is new & smaller than the D4v2 as it's a 14500 light. The only thing missing from your list is the glow in the dark body BUT the D2 has a adj brightness power button & ax.lights. It's also a duel channel, duel optic light so you can have flood & throw in a small, light [1oz w/o battery] body

tdsj81

Newly Enlightened
Emisar D2 is new & smaller than the D4v2 as it's a 14500 light. The only thing missing from your list is the glow in the dark body BUT the D2 has a adj brightness power button & ax.lights. It's also a duel channel, duel optic light so you can have flood & throw in a small, light [1oz w/o battery] body
Thanks, I had just ordered 2 lights yesterday one being a lumintop AA tool with the illuminated tail button. But didn't even know emisar had a 14500. So I just ordered a stone white with the sst20 6500k and the uv light for the second and a blue button. With a clip and magnetic base. Paid the extra shipping so hopefully have it in about a week. I might be picky but I'm not to much of a fan of the right angle design. And was a little disappointed that all the other lights with light up buttons have the option for rgb but the D2 doesn't. Ok yeah I am picky but I still want what I want lol. Thanks again

3_gun

Enlightened
I agree with you about the right angle design not being a favorite but I have this D2 & a DW4 to fill a role an inline light doesn't do as well. Add in the light weight & duel channel/optic of the D2 & it becomes more useful than the bigger DW4. I often find the D2 hanging on a sturdy chain [w/a breakaway clasp] around my neck as a back-up EDC right now. Thing is with my hobbies & work there isn't just one EDC to cover all the bases. Having such a versatile backup as the D2 is a real world, "better to have it & not need it than need it & not have it" thing. Easy to have with you & just as easy to forget about it being there til needed.