April 2010 Flashlights you bought this month..

SuReFiReRs

Newly Enlightened
Surefire E1L is on the way :) Need a little brother with nice run time to go along with the E2DL! One Surefire just aint enought!!! :)

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also had one real LED flashlight when I joined CPF: Streamlight Stylus Pro (at the recommendation of Nutnfancy's videos.) Thankfully, my other knife and multitool collections will keep my money away from too many lights. :p

Only danger is that Lighthound is an awesome website. I very much want to continue to fork over money to buy stuff from there.

In my case my flashlights have kept me away from getting even more binoculars, which is my other addiction...
The reason flashlights has been the dominating addiction likely is because you get more quality flashlights for the money than quality binoculars...

I use to order from Fenixstore/4Seven, Battery Junction and Malkoff devices, but still not from Lighthound. But I have visited their site several times.

Soon the annual break of the flashoholity will start for me. The light summer at my location close to the polarcircle means around 3 months without dark nights... Just imagine what a trauma for a flashoholic! ...:eek:

Best flashlight regards, Patric

Last edited:
In my case my flashlights have kept me away from getting even more binoculars, which is my other addiction...
The reason flashlights has been the dominating addiction likely is because you get more quality flashlights for the money than quality binoculars...

I use to order from Fenixstore/4Seven, Battery Junction and Malkoff devices, but still not from Lighthound. But I have visited their site several times.

Soon the annual break of the flashoholity will start for me. The light summer at my location close to the polarcircle means around 3 months without dark nights... Just imagine what a trauma for a flashoholic! ...:eek:

Best flashlight regards, Patric

While our days here in the States get longer, we still get nice dark nights. I'd venture to say that even though there are fewer total hours of darkness, people tend to get out more at night during the warm summer than during the winter.:twothumbs

Bullet120

Banned
First post here.

Jumped in this month ordering a StreamLight Poly Stinger C4 DS for *free* off my department's uniform/clothing allowance.

Upgraded my 11 year old traditional Stinger and my Ultra Stinger with TerraLux drop-ins. Undecided on the Ultra but the Stinger is like a new light, amazing.

Never being satisfied, I ordered a Thrunite Catapult and then a LED Lenser X7/X21 that came with a *free* T7. These two orders should be here tomorrow. :twothumbs

McAllan

Enlightened

LOL! Me to :D

Would really like to get my hands on the new Swarovski EL 10x42 Swarovision or at least just try it out. But the price tag :faint:
Of course just when I'd bought the regular EL 10x42 I found out that the Swarovision was rumored although it was many months before actual release. Oh well. At least I got my regular EL at a very good offer which was almost half price of what the Swarovision now retails at - and also a good deal cheaper then the regular EL even now.
Btw. the Habicht 10x40 is also very recommended. Very good optics at an affordable price and enhanced 3D compared to roof prisms. And you have have it for yourself if you are to bring binos to a place with many potential thieves and hustlers as it (at least at a distance so you don't notice the brand) look just like your average classic/vintage binos bought for next to nothing at a flea market.

"Luckily" summer time here it still gets dark. I've bought a bike holder and a headband for my Fenixes. Will be great to really try them out when summer time really comes. On my way cycling home from family etc. at country roads with no street lights.

Very soon have 3 weeks of remaining vacation to spend. Might very well end up buying some lights out of pure boredom :eek:
Lets see what I'll buy. One day I got to get a Zebralight H501 or similar. Sometimes I could have used one but for some reason I haven't bought one yet (everyone "has" such a light in their mind!).

Else I have my eyes on the new LED Lenser M series. More specifically the M14 or M7 (leans towards M14). Yeah know some here don't like them (because of their until recently only direct drives and resistor "driver" models) but the new M series feels very promising and they got some really great TIR optics with unique zoomable beam patterns you just don't find in a reflector light. Mechanical the quality is very nice too. Played a little with a P14 at a store the other day (yup, that's the old resistor variant but mechanically isn't too different from the M14). The only problem with buying one is that I hear voices telling me that if I got one in the series then I got to get them all (M1, M5, M7, M14 - 4 lights!) :devil:

Alex K.

Newly Enlightened
-Fulton MX-991/U
-Kel-Lite 3D Large Head
-Maglite XL-100
-Bianchi Super B-Lite 2D

Databyter

Enlightened
Illumina TI

So pretty I didn't want to put it on my keyring and get it scratched up,

But I bit the bullet and it is on there and being abused as we speak.

I'm sure it can take it.

My focus at the moment is on creating a sound system in my car.

Wow! It's a lot more money than I thought it would be. This might be my last light for a while.

A steep learning curve too for re-learning all about noise reduction, speakers, and new amplifier tech etc..

Last edited:

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
I've resisted lights so far, but I bought a multi-sink, a couple drivers, and some other parts. That's the problem with having extra mod hosts kicking around... Oops!

Alright, I bought a full light now... I've been interested in this for a while and I haven't gotten a chance to check out anything like this first hand:

-WF-008 Recoil

It fits 18650 cells and uses a very different reflector setup; reflecting/refracting design and technology is a relatively new interest for me so this should be fun to play with. I'm not expecting the greatest quality, but it should run alright and I can swap the driver or anything if need be.

Hopefully I can hold off on buying more this month but we shall see... I might end up buying a pocket knife anyways; that is yet another new interest of mine. :whistle:

Sparky's Magic

Enlightened
My first flashlight (as opposed to cheep torches and mini Maglights) A Dereelight
CL1H V4 3SM XR-E R2 OP. I'm more than happy with the 'light but have so many
questions.:twothumbs

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL! Me to :D

Would really like to get my hands on the new Swarovski EL 10x42 Swarovision or at least just try it out. But the price tag :faint:
Of course just when I'd bought the regular EL 10x42 I found out that the Swarovision was rumored although it was many months before actual release. Oh well. At least I got my regular EL at a very good offer which was almost half price of what the Swarovision now retails at - and also a good deal cheaper then the regular EL even now.
Btw. the Habicht 10x40 is also very recommended. Very good optics at an affordable price and enhanced 3D compared to roof prisms. And you have have it for yourself if you are to bring binos to a place with many potential thieves and hustlers as it (at least at a distance so you don't notice the brand) look just like your average classic/vintage binos bought for next to nothing at a flea market.

"Luckily" summer time here it still gets dark. I've bought a bike holder and a headband for my Fenixes. Will be great to really try them out when summer time really comes. On my way cycling home from family etc. at country roads with no street lights.

Very soon have 3 weeks of remaining vacation to spend. Might very well end up buying some lights out of pure boredom :eek:
Lets see what I'll buy. One day I got to get a Zebralight H501 or similar. Sometimes I could have used one but for some reason I haven't bought one yet (everyone "has" such a light in their mind!).

Else I have my eyes on the new LED Lenser M series. More specifically the M14 or M7 (leans towards M14). Yeah know some here don't like them (because of their until recently only direct drives and resistor "driver" models) but the new M series feels very promising and they got some really great TIR optics with unique zoomable beam patterns you just don't find in a reflector light. Mechanical the quality is very nice too. Played a little with a P14 at a store the other day (yup, that's the old resistor variant but mechanically isn't too different from the M14). The only problem with buying one is that I hear voices telling me that if I got one in the series then I got to get them all (M1, M5, M7, M14 - 4 lights!) :devil:

I would like to try the new Swarovision, which is stated to 20mm eye relief for the 10x42 more, and is much better than the earlier of Swaro 10x42s. Actually I own a SLCNew 7x42 (the best in my binocular collection) which is great for eyeglasses and provides a stable view. The most used of my binoculars is Leupold Katmai 6x32, however.

To avoid going too much off-topic: get Zebralight H501, it's a good one! :thumbsup:
About Ledlenser the opinions about them are varying. But I find them interesting with the focusing lens system. I like the P14.

I am still waiting for the two Malkoff dropins to my Surefires 6P/9P. Also I consider a Nitecore D10 SP Camo. And Maglite Americana Limited edition (three MiniMaglites in a box). And maybe a Fenix TA21...:thinking:

Regards, Patric

Last edited:

Ksailork

Newly Enlightened
  • Surefire G2L Nitron in yellow

• Quark Neutral White 0.9 ~ 4.2 (head)

• Quark Tailcap

Still waiting for Quark AA2 body to become available.

On perpetual wait list for Malkoff P60W.

Will likely buy Zebralight SC30w this month when the DW isn't looking.

Mdinana

Enlightened
Sadly, I haven't bought a light in several months! Wait, I take it back, I did buy a cheapo walmart LED lantern last week, but used it one night and realized it's a POS that didn't help in my campsite. And I did buy a red filter for an E-series SF.

Why not? Just haven't been as into lights the last few months. Realized that there's nothing really catching my attention - the SST-90 looks interesting, til I had a chance to play with one. Plus the price tag.... and planning for a wedding too. Still want a SF LX2, but the price tag.... nothing real "zippy" since the quarks came out a few months back. In all, just not enough new stuff to make me feel I need it now!

What to do?!? "Settle" for a light that I'm not gung-ho over, cave to a LX2 and ding the wedding budget a little, or just wait out the doldrums?

COAST

Enlightened
Nailbender P60 SST-90
Robert's custom Mini EDC SST-90
Quark 123^2 turbo

Thats all... SO FAR!!!:naughty:

Chicago_Ted

Newly Enlightened
My ordered Fenix TK40 arrived on Wednesday. It is awesome, and I'm very happy with it. It is running on 8 Eneloops I bought last month in anticipation.

I plan to buy another 8 so I always have a set in it when the other runs out so I can keep using it while the other is charging. lovecpf