ARC LS modification Project IN CHROME!!!!!

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello all. It great to hear from you guys. First of all. Where have I been? I have been BUSY!!!! Id love to say I had lots of free time to play but that just has not been the case.
I think the best approach might work somthing like this.
If we come to a consensus.... I will pull the bits and pieces out from their hiding place and determine exactly how many sets there are. Ill send off a set to Milkyspit for examination and build up. IF he comes up with a workable solution then we can approach the best way to do it.
I sort of see it like this.
I will sell the the sets to whom ever wants one. you will then contract with Milkyspit for the build out.
This is pretty much stream of consciousness thinking here so as a concept it's subject to change.

The one thing I know is that HARD CHROME makes for a beautiful flashlight AND it a whole lit easier to find than a black anodized flashlight rolling around on your car floor or purse because it is so darn shiny!!
OK I am off to compose a PM to Milkyspit.

Look guys I am open to any ideas you might have. I am a cost conscious guy. Over the years between buying the parts and making parts I have a fair amount invested into these chrome sets. I seriously doubt I will recoup that dough. This project has always been more a labor of interest than a profit making venture.
So please take it easy with the ideas. The goal (mine) is to get these out to people who want them. I would like to see them turned into AMAZING POCKET ROCKETS with state of the art Emitters and regulators and reflectors.
The orignal LS was ground breaking. There is no doubt that good design is timeless. The ARC LS was good design.

OK so lets proceed.
Yaesumofo

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think your best bet would be to just sell the sets to whomever wants them, and let the buyers figure out what to do with them. You could keep what you want, and finally wash your hands of the remainder. I'd rather not get tied into any particular builder, and would like to keep costs down as well.

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of my first EDCs & still one of my favorites. I still have all of mine.

Still one of the coolest hosts around.....I've still got a few First Run's, but have sold off all my LS's. Will, I know you're retired but...any interest in this project?

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
We need to keep the pressure on this time, to make sure this project reaches the finish line.

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
I joined CPF at a late time but through browsing and seeing the ARC LS, I was disappointed they were no longer made. This is an opportunity I do not want to pass up, so count me in if funds permit!

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today I pulled the parts. There are going to be 15 sets that will include the main ORIGNAL. Arc head and cr123a twisty.
A cr2 twisty

The yaesumofo clicky.

I have copper heatsinks for them as well .
The jury is still out on the copper parts.

In any event they look as cool today as they did 5 years or so ago.

A cool improvement would be to have ORIGNAL clickie tails too. I did not have any of those when the chrome plating work was done. Oh well.
The mofo tail is a great replacement
I'll send a set to milkyspit. Let's see what he comes up with.
Anybody have any interesting ideas?
Let's hear 'em.
Yaesumofo.

kiely23+

Enlightened
neutral XM-L + Shiningbeam 3-level driver, 3.04A max. + OP-reflector + Copper heatsink + IMR123 + clickie...

wolfy

Enlightened
I think XML LED, and a driver that can power it, prefer just two or three modes (low med hi dont need more than that I reckon). If you can get up to 2A and still be useful, would be cool.

:takeit:

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think it needs to be anything over the top, something more useful perhaps. L/M/H w a neutral XM-L, even a neutral XP-G would be nice. Should run on a primary or RCR, but I'd rather not have to use an IMR so the drive current shouldn't be too high.

notrefined

Enlightened
I'd be happy with a single mode high cri (XP-G, nichia, or 3500k 80CRI XM-L would be adequate) suitable for cr123a primary cells plus li-ion

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps if James can give us an idea of what the host set will cost, we can better judge how much we have left to spend on making the actually work. Not looking to make this a $500+ Arc, so a simple LE may be the only option.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think it needs to be anything over the top, something more useful perhaps. L/M/H w a neutral XM-L, even a neutral XP-G would be nice. Should run on a primary or RCR, but I'd rather not have to use an IMR so the drive current shouldn't be too high.

Agreed. Let's keep this reasonable. The shell is an updated (chrome) classic and should be a classic with some improvements. We have a million hot rod lights out there to choose from if that's what we want in terms of performance.

Karl

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think "Modernized Classic", should be the theme of this project. Elegant styling, without making it something it's shouldn't be. Can you tell I somewhat of an Arc purist?

:wave: