Armytek Prime C2 first impressions

Orangie

Newly Enlightened
C1 warm just showed up, have had it out of the box for 1 hour but I had to check in.
First thing I noticed is the switch is not as hard as I had anticipated based on some other comments. It's not as easy as my Spark SF3 I would say a tad harder than the Olight S10. The Firefly mode is accessed the same as the S10. The beam tint reminds me of my Peak Logan keychain neutral. I haven't had a chance to really check it out yet, but so far, the modes seem nicely spaced. Both head and tail are removable to insert battery, though the instructions show only the tail.
More to come and pics hopefully.
Cheers

ArmyTek

Enlightened
C1 warm just showed up, have had it out of the box for 1 hour but I had to check in.
First thing I noticed is the switch is not as hard as I had anticipated based on some other comments. It's not as easy as my Spark SF3 I would say a tad harder than the Olight S10. The Firefly mode is accessed the same as the S10. The beam tint reminds me of my Peak Logan keychain neutral. I haven't had a chance to really check it out yet, but so far, the modes seem nicely spaced. Both head and tail are removable to insert battery, though the instructions show only the tail.
More to come and pics hopefully.
Cheers

Thank you for your order. :) Hope you enjoy using the flashlight in your every day life!
It will be great if you will take some pictures of it and describe your thoughts.

Best Regards,
Armytek

Wuyang

Newly Enlightened
I think I might get this, It really appeals to me....might be tempted with the neutral tint.

StudFreeman

Enlightened
Cree refers to 3700k to 5000k as neutral white. A good 4000k like that in my Wizard Pro is really easy on the eyes...especially since the TIR optic makes the tint perfectly uniform.

Last edited:

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just purchased a Prime C2 Pro at the Canadian Sportsman Show
First Impressions - a quality light for the money

Can you comment as to whether this light is a good fit in a jeans pocket? I am very interested in a C2 Prime Warm Pro but am unsure if I will need to favor the ZL SC62 to find a pocketable 18650 EDC.

Thanks

GunnarGG

Enlightened
So, I have got my Prime C2 for a couple of days now.
I really like the look and feel of it.
Very nice beam from the TIR lens.
Good cool white tint, similar to my Malkoff M61.

My Zebralight SC62d looks warmer (as expected).

I'm a big fan of the ZL UI but the Prime has a good UI also.

A question about the the battery indicator:

I have the non Pro version so no indication of voltage but it is supposed to blink 2 times once a minute when the battery is below 25%.

Right now my Eagletac 3400 mAh battery is down to 3,40 V and still no blinks.
I have a hard time to see any difference between max and main 3, maybe max a little bit brighter.
There is a more noticible difference when the voltage was higher.

Normally I would have charged the battery when it was down to 3.6 or 3.7 V if I didn't top it up before.

I do check my batteries with voltmeter but I dont want to take the cell out to measure it just to make sure I don't discharge it to much.
So it is important for me to get some kind of indication in good time that it is time to recharge.

Now I feel that the cell is getting way to low without warning.

Anybody else that has checked voltage and has noticed the batterywarning (or getting low without warning)?

GunnarGG

Enlightened
Ok, I let the light stay on.
Finally it started to indicate low battery by blinking 2 times.
At that time there was no difference between Main 2 and main 3.
The battery measured 3.21 V, after a little rest it went up to 3.3 V
I put the battery back and switched on again and after 5-10 minutes it stepped down to firefly.
The battery then measured 3.11 V and rised to 3.20 after rest.

So it seems to sort of work but the charge level left after you get the indication of low battery is no way 25%, maybe 2.5 %.
That's to bad because for me that is an important function and I would really want it to indicate earlier.

Some beamshots:

Same exposure setting.
Auto whitebalance so don't compare tint.

E2DL

SC62d

M61

Prime C2

Last edited: