AVAILABLE NOW: HDS and Peak Eiger Ti Pocket Clips

scout24

Flashaholic
Take a look at the pictures in the first post of this thread, specifically the Eiger clip. It attaches under the threaded momentary plunger, or keychain attachment. The hole, however, is a bit bigger than the size that would be needed for the 1/4-20 sized bolt that would facilitate attachment to a Titan or Tasklight. A smaller hole in the clip would allow secure attachment to a Titan, allowing my favorite SF to be clipped to my pocket, where it belongs. :) Perhaps if enough interest is there,, some clips in the next run could be made with the smaller hole... Never hurts to ask and see if there's interest!

chris975d

Newly Enlightened
Take a look at the pictures in the first post of this thread, specifically the Eiger clip. It attaches under the threaded momentary plunger, or keychain attachment. The hole, however, is a bit bigger than the size that would be needed for the 1/4-20 sized bolt that would facilitate attachment to a Titan or Tasklight. A smaller hole in the clip would allow secure attachment to a Titan, allowing my favorite SF to be clipped to my pocket, where it belongs. :) Perhaps if enough interest is there,, some clips in the next run could be made with the smaller hole... Never hurts to ask and see if there's interest!

Ahh...gotcha now. That would be cool to have a pocket clip for the Titan. I'd buy one for each of mine....and I still think you need to swap me one of your high CRIs for one of my stockers. ;)

nbp

Flashaholic
Ahh...gotcha now. That would be cool to have a pocket clip for the Titan. I'd buy one for each of mine....and I still think you need to swap me one of your high CRIs for one of my stockers. ;)

Can always send it to DaFab or one of the other guys for some treatment. :devil:

chris975d

Newly Enlightened
Can always send it to DaFab or one of the other guys for some treatment. :devil:

Can DaFab open the original Titan? I know he can do the aluminum T1A, but I already have that modded to a high CRI Seoul by Milky. I need the original titanium Titan modded, and the only one I know that can do that for sure is JHanko. But he's not around anymore, and Scout has the market cornered on the JHanko modded Ti Titans. :)

Harry999

Enlightened
Two of the clips I ordered for my Peak lights arrived today. I have fitted the clip to the Eiger and the other to the Logan. Perfect. Thank you for providing the clips. My third clip should arrive next week and then I will start saving to order another Logan - CW XP-G this time I think.

thaugen

Enlightened
My Titanium HDS clip arrived this week and it fits my HDS perfectly. This clip is well made and the perfect complement to my HDS 140 Clicky! Well done and thanks for making these clips!

diesel79

Enlightened
Those HDS clips look sweet. Gonna need one soon.

Edit: Got a clip. Awesome!

Last edited:

tigman_tim

Newly Enlightened
Got my Eiger clip installed! The twisty head works fine, but now my momentary plunger will not activate my light.
Anybody have an idea what to do to make the plunger work??? thanks

Harry999

Enlightened
There are two versions of the momentary switch. The old one with longer plunger and the new one which is shorter. You need the old switch.

tigman_tim

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the response.
I must have the new switch and getting an old one is probably not going to happen.
If I unscrew the brass plunger a bit the o-ring gets exposed.
Maybe a possible fix is to grind the body down the thickness of the clip. Is there a better solution ?

archer6817j

Enlightened
Thanks for the response.
I must have the new switch and getting an old one is probably not going to happen.
If I unscrew the brass plunger a bit the o-ring gets exposed.
Maybe a possible fix is to grind the body down the thickness of the clip. Is there a better solution ?

Hey tigman, thanks for bringing this up. I was not aware there was an issue with "old" and "new" plungers. I bought my eiger a few months ago and it seems to work fine. Do you have any way to take precise measurements on the length of the plunger? The brass part just screws into the thumb button. If I knew the overall length I might just be able to make a longer version of the plunger. Personally, I find I don't use the plunger any more. I just find it too difficult to keep in a constant output state. I'd swap in the lanyard ring if I could only remember what I did with it :)

It might be worth getting in touch with Peak to see if they have any spare parts. It's just a little screw in brass do-dad so they may have a bucket of old plungers sitting around.

Cheers,

Jason

archimedes

Flashaholic
There are two versions of the momentary switch. The old one with longer plunger and the new one which is shorter. You need the old switch.

I must have the new switch and getting an old one is probably not going to happen....

It might be worth getting in touch with Peak to see if they have any spare parts. It's just a little screw in brass do-dad so they may have a bucket of old plungers sitting around.

Cheers,

Jason

I think Bob at RMSK still has both versions available ....

jorgen

Enlightened
You could just drop a piece of brass, steel or aluminum, thick enough to make contact, into the body in front of the momentary and it will work.

Last edited:

archer6817j

Enlightened
Does anyone have both that could measure them and let us know what the difference in length is? A lucky fix would be if you could just get a #4 brass machine screw and stick it into the end of the plunger :)

tigman_tim

Newly Enlightened
jorgen--> thanks!!!
I am using your idea from above for a temp fix, a tiny piece of Al wire seems to work for now. It's actually better than original?

archer6817j-- The length of my plunger is 0.145. I noticed there are threads where the plunger passes thru to the QTC.

tigman_tim

Newly Enlightened
Hey archer6817j (jason),
I just realized you made the clip. It's realy cool, I had been using a nasty pen clip that was scraping my very kick-*** Peak.

Harry999

Enlightened
Another simple solution is to roll up a very small ball of aluminium foil. It makes the momentary switch magnitudes better. You might need to replace the aluminium foil ball occasionally but it is cheap. :)