AWR Hotdriver Regulated M6 Battery Pack

Please rate your interest in HD-M6

• Total voters

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
1160 would work great once there is an MN->WA adapter.. the HD would have to be dialed-in to the correct voltage.

-awr

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Andrew, I see those poll vote numbers creeping up in anticipation of the HDM6 release. I hope you ordered extra parts. :lolsign:

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have enough metal cups made for about 100 HDM6.. about double the orders.. it won't take very long to make a 'round two' if there is even more demand.. the long pause is mostly from getting the new vTwo driver designed .. even the fabrication is only 3 weeks.

-awr

mikehill

Enlightened
Hi Andrew,
just one more question before I order ... what charger will I need, bearing in mind I'm in the UK and it's 240v here.
Thanks, Mike.

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
the chargers are 120-240 universal.. you'd either need an adapter or replace the end of the plug.. sorry i didn't get the exact model posted yet.. i will work out a 'save shipping' solution pretty soon.. right about when the boards are here and we start assembly.

-awr

mikehill

Enlightened
Cheers Andrew, if you could give me a total price when you know, then I'll Paypal straight away.
Mike.

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Andrew, I am wondering, since I just got one of the new MN20 lamps (250 lumen) which was redesigned, is the way you set the driver going to change also, or is the current draw or voltage requirement for the new lamp close enough to the old one to not matter?

The turns of wire in the filament went up with the redesign so I don't know what that will do with your current driver set-up with the old MN20 which you probably have.

How are things coming along with the HD? Any guesstimations, comments, concerns,calculations? Thanks in advance.:)

Mike

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
the MN20 can handle basically full-voltage from 7.2V source.. i think they are happy up to about 7.6.. I will likely set the voltage limit to 7.4 since the bat's will definitely hold some over-voltage with a fresh charge.

We finally got a vTwo driver running last night.. fine-tuning the voltage cutout mechanism since it goes by vBat now using an independent battery monitor chip.. it's close to where we will be cranking out the mass assembly.. sorry for the delays, just been a lot of little monkey wrenches.

-awr

wquiles

Flashaholic
The new bulb works just as nice as the old one, at least in the limited testing I have done so far with a regulated pack as I show here . The new and old MN20 look stunning at 7.5V DC equivalent (even if I like the old MN20 a little bit better!). If set to 7.4V, I bet it will look just as nice ;)

Will