Back to the Toilets....and now the Toilet Paper !!!

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Back to the Toilets!

I've seen toilets in Japan that have a small water faucet and basin directly on top of the tank. The idea is that when you wash your hands when you flush, that runoff water is used in the tank for the next flush. Other than killing whales and stuff like that, Japan is very eco-minded. Mass transportation that kicks NYC up and down the block, for one.

I agree. The only qualm I have is it's pretty expensive to live there, but everything is top notch- you get what you pay for.

It's funny because my mom was just telling me about the water faucet/runoff-goes-into-tank toilet. It's a very simple idea, we should latch onto that one immediately!

Last edited:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Back to the Toilets!

As if the assault on our toilets wasn't enough...now the eco-terrorists are after our friggin toilet paper as well.

Man, I feel sorry for the next generation and what 'crap' they are going to have to deal with.

Perhaps you should read the article again before calling names.
2199c2v.jpg

I'll leave further comments to those who accept hiding in the underground.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
That brings new meaning to the phrase "pay as you go".

If they are going to charge more for the water, the least they should do is use the money for building a desalinization plant or to pipe the water there from somewhere with an abundance of it. Paying more for less when it comes to essentials usually means someone wasn't doing their job to use tax money for the needed infrastructure. Trying to curb the demand of something with conservation doesn't work alone. Despite the best conservation efforts, conservation alone can't solve the problem, because it doesn't account for population growth. If a city or country doesn't increase the supply, it can't grow and will decrease in population as the citizens move to somewhere else that will meet their needs (or meet them more cheaply). This will cause a loss in tax revenue and only make matters worse in the long run. Just take a look at where I live, southern California. We had rolling blackouts because we were told to conserve instead of utilities increasing the supply of electricity. Now we have more electricity and higher efficiency products, but we lost a lot of businesses and jobs, and it cost the governor his job. Our state went from the 5th largest economy in the world in 2000 to broke as of yesterday. Soon we'll have plug in hybrids and electric cars. We don't have the infrastructure currently to support the load. Conservation is only half the solution. If you don't increase supply, you only buy some time to solve the problem at most. If you live in an area where improving the infrastructure isn't a priority, you may want to move somewhere else.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope that flaming toilet doesn't double as a flaming bidet. That would be painful. Don't fart when you use the toilet. It might become a flamethrower when you flush.