Bay area get together.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Bummer DrJ,

I won't have PK's toys at the next one, whenever that might be. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

- Don

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like -1 so far. Time is 7:30pm at My Thai. Just in case there is some confusion.

Sorry for the late post. If you catch this, there is no change or location. Same place, same time. See ya there.

Wayne

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
My apologies to those who attended the get together, I'm sorry I didn't make it.

I received a call from an friend from way back in high school while driving to the Dinner. Before I knew it missed several exits on the freeway and decided to take a shortcut to make up for lost time. Well I became lost myself.

Sorry guys, I was really looking forward to this, maybe next time.

Again my apologies,
GregR

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Double A,

Sorry you got lost. We should do this again.

I had a great time and enjoyed meeting everyone. I'm really bad with names but I raffled off a MM+ Adj Q3 and the winner was Paul's friend. I gave everyone there an RGB LED to take home and play with.

There must of been a gazillion lights there of every shape and size. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif We got to see... well, you name it and it was probably there.

My fav light was unnerv's cut down DD Mag. Awesome heat sink... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wayne

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Nice to meet you guys! Double A, sorry you didn't make it. I hope you guys understand that PK sent up some of his "toys" for us to see but not talk about in public. I don't know if I made that clear to everyone or not. I hope everyone gets home safely without any retina damage! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Don

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
what??? You mean that itty bitty teeny weenie little sucker we can't talk about. The one made out of titanium and had that perpetual micro machine for the power source. Sheez...

TheFire

Enlightened
aww, I was just bursting to tell everyone about the fully functional light saber we used to cut a hole in the fence... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks guys, it was great meeting you... We should do this again!

and thanks for the ride, unnerv...

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea thanks guys, I knew there was going to be some real neat stuff there, now I'm really sorry I screwed up. And I even had a new ARC-AAA to toss into the raffle pot.

GregR

TheFire

Enlightened
You could just give it to me... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I seem to give them away as fast as I get them. Oh well, it's good for Arc and that's good for me... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DarkHelmet

Newly Enlightened
By the light of that awesome MM+, I just installed my RGB led as the power light in my computer. It's so pretty! Very nice. That really was a gazillion lights. Darn, now I need to go buy more flashlights!
-Chris

unnerv

Enlightened
Well, finally got back on...was going thru CPF withdrawls. It was great to meet all of you. That box of toys Don brought was impressive...to bad we can't say more I think for the next meet we are going to have to find some place a little darker where we can really play with the lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

It was cool meeting "celebrities" like Don, Wayne, and Cindy.

Can't wait until the next one.

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok, the next get together is the 19th. I'll pick the date. What time and location shall we meet this time?

I would suggest the Milpitas/Fremont area. I know some that prefer that area. I won't travel too much more north than that unless we move it to the weekend.

I plan on offering more give aways and there will be more drawings held.

Let's start the list of names again in this thread.

Who's going:

Wayne & Cindy
<add_your_name_here>

unnerv

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
dat2zip said:

Let's start the list of names again in this thread.

Who's going:

Wayne & Cindy
<add_your_name_here>

[/ QUOTE ]
Patrick and Kevin...

unnerv

Enlightened
Any idea of where we are going to meet? I am not that familiar with that side of the bay, but it would be nice to have someplace that is more dimly lit like a pizza place or a chili's. Having a dark parking lot nearby would be cool too so we can play with everyone's toys.

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think we need a few more people or it might not happen. It depends on who's going to make it or not.

Let's see. Hank - Berkeley. Unnerv - San bruno, me - SC. If I triangulate and find the center....

I think the middle of the Dumbarton is perfect!

I'm all for Tai again, or somewhere on the west side of the bay.

Maybe, there won't be enough mass this month.

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I will cancel this one and move it out. I have too much stuff I'd like to get done this week and I won't really have time to work on goodies for the get together.

I'll post here again or in a new thread. Sorry, for the cancellation.

unnerv

Enlightened
Just as well. One of my buddies can't make it now. That would only leave us with 5 people. I suggest Jan 21st for the next one as there is no moon that day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jan 21st ????

I'll be in London stumbling around in the dark trying to find the Tower of London with my flashlights, bummer!

GregR

Latest posts